Allen magnum

Air

Lightvarmint,
"Must be the thin Montana air." Last time i checked the air was pure and sweet, and it was also a lot less polluted than that " South Carolina" air.:D

Lightvarmint,
"Must be the thin Montana air." Last time i checked the air was pure and sweet, and it was also a lot less polluted than that " South Carolina" air.:D

I think you might have a little less of the good ole oxygen than we do especially since you are higher in altitude. Anyway, when I was in Montana the air was very fresh, crisp, clean refreshing. We really enjoyed ourselves. Why in the world did you guys let Jane and Ted in your piece of heaven?

James

So,,. Are you going to take the offer and shoot and prove,or

Chicken out and skyte?

Peter

wow, i just walked into this one. i aint gonna jump in on the remarks about kirby in any way, he can handle himself just fine. besides this is pretty much the same typical bantering from a couple of load mouths that has been going on for a while now.

I will say this though. a while back i had a guy in our store admiring one of my 270AM casings and he asked me if he could have one. I said that would be fne as he seemed like a nice enough guy and it is a impressive looking case. while he was admiring his new case he mentioned he wanted a rifle chambered in this round and now he could get a reamer made and do it himself. i quickly plucked the casing out of his hand and told him to go find one else where. guess i was just raised to appreciate the time and effort people put into a project. unfortuantly that sense of morals is growing more and more scarce in this world, example here.

in my opinion that just plain f----ing pathetic

I am with you on that one Lerch....a guy I know almost got one of my 270AM cases to build a reamer. If they want a .277/7RUM Improved they should get thier own design or ask permission from the designer. I told him I considered it stealing and wouldnt participate.
Heck I want a 7mmAM pretty bad. I dont think I can have Kirby build one without disapointing my shooting mentor/really good friend/match traveling partner/gunsmith but you can bet I am not going to take a 7mmAM case and have a reamer built.......w/o permission anyway.

Whatever you say Chawlston, oops, LightVarmint.

You have been known to stretch the trueth from time to time just to help you prove what you believe is a good point.

If your rifles shoot that well, great.

My comments were all directed to factory rifles shooting into the .1s so if you would like to bring your factory rifles up, your more then welcome. If you are talking about custom rifles, your arguing with yourself as no one has said anything about that.

As far as Wildcat Bullets, if I remember correctly, you made a big stink about shooting wildcat bullets in the past only to find out you had never shot even one of them.

Credibility is a bitch, once its lost, nearly impossible to get back. So please, just keep on posting your opinions!!! You are more then welcome to them and to share them and we are more then able to debate them!!!

As far as me going to SC. Don't see that happening to soon, to busy in the shop to do that. As you mentioned, its to nice here in Montana anyway, hard to leave!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

To everyone else, Please stop trying to have a reasonable, educated and civil debate with Chawlston, oops, LightVarmint. Its simply a waste of your time as he has a clear aggenda and has for a long time. For some reason he has a beef with one of my good friends and myself it seems.

More of the same, there are a few squeaky wheels out there that will do their best to belittle new achievements in performance, especially in the firearm world. Chawlson, OOPS!!!, LightVarmint is just one of these old timers that do not believe there are any new ideas to be thought.

So be it, lets let it end. He can not argue with himself. Well he can but I suspect he will not do it on line anyway.

Kirby Allen(50)

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this , but if a thread on this site gets up to 80+ posts with more than 3700 views there is ALWAYS a Villain involved like a WEDA,Bart B,Wildcat,PKUNDA etc.
This thread breaks the mold with a double villain Chawlston and LightVarmint !!!!!!!
UB

Lightvarmint, u didn't get my point oh well. While quality and accuracy are important. Personality is more important. I bought my first custom gun when i was 15, Kirby took me under his wing and treated me like his own son and took care of me and became a good friend, he didn't look down on me like some adults do because im a kid. All I can say is that ive only met one other smith that has treated me that way. Neither see me as easy money and take advantage of me, they treat me with respect and I give them respect.

Last edited:
Lightvarmint, u didn't get my point oh well. While quality and accuracy are important. Personality is more important. I bought my first custom gun when i was 15, Kirby took me under his wing and treated me like his own son and took care of me and became a good friend, he didn't look down on me like some adults do because im a kid. All I can say is that ive only met one other smith that has treated me that way. Neither see me as easy money and take advantage of me, they treat me with respect and I give them respect.
Young'un, give me a high five.;) You seem to be someone that has his head screwed on somewhat straight and already knows about values of all kinds and also what it takes to be a man, a person and a friend.

When I was 15 I also got my first guns and started handloading. That was quite a while back but I learned early on about people, values, friends and morals. Learn it well while you're young and it'll serve you well for the rest of your life.

Read a lot on here, watch people's styles and see how they treat people and how people treat them. It won't take long to figure everyone out and you will develop a mental filter that tells you when the BS starts to fly. Sounds to me like you're developing that trait already.;)

Just watch what you say, as sometimes you have to put it in terms that will allow an ego and attitude with legs to be able to understand it.;);) I thought your other post was very appropriate but it seemed to go over someones' head.:)

Keep up the shooting, keep reading and learning and keep picking friends and business contacts like you are and you'll do great.;)

UncleB

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this , but if a thread on this site gets up to 80+ posts with more than 3700 views there is ALWAYS a Villain involved like a WEDA,Bart B,Wildcat,PKUNDA etc.
This thread breaks the mold with a double villain Chawlston and LightVarmint !!!!!!!
UB

I'm pleased, that you've remembered me, however after all your effort you still didn't get one post right. So,,, don't give up and try again.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.