27 nosler vs 270 wby

NKiller -
I will follow up with this but going to be awhile our range shut down for fire 🔥 danger. I also refer back to this old post on occasion to re read some of Trm82s stuff; he has been very helpful for a couple of my projects.
Any update on the 156 HH potential?

The difference between the two means didleysquat !! And I wouldn't own either right now the way things are going in the ammo & reloading component world...no animals vital area will ever notice any difference between either of those compared to that ho-hum boring .270 Winchester, when we can't find brass for anything based off the /06 case everything else will be long extinct !!

I'm a wby fan but this didn't age well
270 wby is great and until the 28/30/27 all my hunting rifles were wby even my custom builds. but the 27 nosler beats it's in every catergory.
Better brass and going to be much better once adj and Peterson pick it up which I'm sure they will.
In terms of performance vs existing calibers I think this is nosler best cartridge( next to 30 which I think is the most efficient 30 mag for case size shooting heavies doesn't anything the 28'does with Better barrel life so yes better than 28)
Ablr 165 & Berger eol 3200+ fps (my load is 3150)
& 3250 with 156 Hammer Hunter with room to go faster & man all my wby rifles are accurate but the m48 long range 27 nosler has shot 1/2 moa with factory before I ever worked up a load.
If this didn't come out during covid and more people got their hands on it it's would already be blowing up considering everytime I see one for sale it's gone and you have a better chance finding 28 nosler brass than 27 the last year.

I'm a wby fan but this didn't age well
270 wby is great and until the 28/30/27 all my hunting rifles were wby even my custom builds. but the 27 nosler beats it's in every catergory.
Better brass and going to be much better once adj and Peterson pick it up which I'm sure they will.
In terms of performance vs existing calibers I think this is nosler best cartridge( next to 30 which I think is the most efficient 30 mag for case size shooting heavies doesn't anything the 28'does with Better barrel life so yes better than 28)
Ablr 165 & Berger eol 3200+ fps (my load is 3150)
& 3250 with 156 Hammer Hunter with room to go faster & man all my wby rifles are accurate but the m48 long range 27 nosler has shot 1/2 moa with factory before I ever worked up a load.
If this didn't come out during covid and more people got their hands on it it's would already be blowing up considering everytime I see one for sale it's gone and you have a better chance finding 28 nosler brass than 27 the last year.
Yep. Peterson told me they expect 27N out this year... Looking forward to getting this one up and running. Bartlein M24 / 24" in front of a Terminus Kratos Lite and setting in a Clymr stock.

Attachments

• 27 Nosler pic (pre-cerakote).jpg
    27 Nosler pic (pre-cerakote).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
Yep. Peterson told me they expect 27N out this year...
Thank godnbeen waiting almost payed for rcc. Which is great brass but ended up buying Bertram until i Peterson or adg makes some.
I think Bertram is equal to nosler outside of case prep where nosler actually preps their cases before shipment

They just stay about a year out since covid started and their business doubled.
Prior to that they made wild cats with the development of the c270 alloy or whatever it is that makes there brass take so much more pressure they have took a big chunk of elr market

I decided I would buy only when Peterson or adj aren't a option even though rcc is better the other two are much cheaper is easier to get
I've got a order for 100-338-378 & 100-400 warlord brass with their brass the wby is no doubt the badddest facory 338 available

My gun is a Mcwhorter which has a hart 26" bbl and a stiller action , Mcwhorter gave me the load that they made for this gun which was with the 150 vld and 73 gr of RL 26 but I chose to go to the 140 classic hunter for the higher BC than the 150. I load 74 gr of RL26 with the 140's and it shoots less than 1/2 moa at 825 yards.
Is this with a saami freebore or a custom freebore and a faster twist than a 1/10 that is on factory rifles?

Is this with a saami freebore or a custom freebore and a faster twist than a 1/10 that is on factory rifles?
The reason I'm asking is that I have the 1/10 twist and I have been using 140 ab noslers but they are non existent so wanting to find an alternative for my older 270 Bee. I called Weatherby and asked if they had faster twist barrels- No was the answer the would only twist on 1/10 2 or 3 conture.

The reason I'm asking is that I have the 1/10 twist and I have been using 140 ab noslers but they are non existent so wanting to find an alternative for my older 270 Bee. I called Weatherby and asked if they had faster twist barrels- No was the answer the would only twist on 1/10 2 or 3 conture.
I would rebarrel it through a diff comp like atlus, Bugholes, SAC or switch to the 150 ablr better bullet opens up from 2800 fps down to 1300 vs 1800 and has a better bc.
Probably the best bonded bullet out IMO until you shokt monos

The 140 Berger Classic Hunter will shine in your 10 twist and they have been fairly easy to find.