27 Nosler

rklein

Has anyone heard any updates on this caliber. Last I heard is that Nosler sent print to Sammi but they haven't signed off on it yet. I have a 8 twist benchmark barrel on order to build a 27.

I'm tagging I. Sent Kevin at montour county a magnum action. With a 270 barrel. Was thinking this but not sure it would work with bolt face and not sure it's been done

I haven't heard anything about it but will keep an ear to the ground. Should produce a fair amount of interest, I mean who wouldn't want a top fuel dragster in .270 caliber! Problem will be the limited bullets and could cause a shortage of .270 pills.
What would be great is if they also come out with a heavier AB or ABLR than can stand up to the velocity and rotational spin of these high performance rounds. Heck, I'd enjoy a 170-180gn Ballistic Tip!!
I have a .270 Allen Magnum (one of the first Kirby built) with a 30" Lilja, 3 groove that attains phenominal velocities for this caliber (3650fps for 140gn Ballistic Tip) without reaching top loads. I shot a few of these during fire forming but decided to go the COW method to preserve my barrel.
The heaviest I currently have is the Wildcat 169.5gn RBBT ULD and the Berger EOL 170gn Elite Hunter. Last year I ran those at 3450fps (95gn US869) but decided to back off to 93gn and reset everything for 3340fps. That takes me from 14.25 to 15.75 MOA at 1K but still fast enough the NC whitetails can't "jump the sear". LoL :)
20160804_212410_resized_1.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of having a 270 Blaser Mag built ever since I had my 7mm Blaser mag built. For a gun with only a 26in barrel I think this size case would be more efficient and last a bit longer but for an all out hot rod with a 28+ barrel, the bigger cases will definitely run faster.

277/26-Nosler or slightly smaller 27-Nosler is a gas.

I went with a 277/26 but my reamer is actually 27-Nosler run in to 26/28 Nosler depth with a 28-Nosler go/nogo used.

I sold the rifle, I have to check if I let the reamer go.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.