27 nosler brass

kirkeb

Im having a 27 nosler build as we speak. The reamer is SAMMI spec. Has anyone re-formed brass for this cartridge? Recommendations?

Lone Peak titanium razor action
Proof carbon 1:8 sendero
Manners MCS-T Carbon elite
Jewell trigger
HS bottom metal

Very nice setup.

I wish I could help more but with all my work with the XX-Noslers I did not re-form 26 or 28 Nosler brass to SAMMI spec 27-Nosler.

I am positive that running 28-Nosler brass into the 27-Nosler die would not be best as it would crush the case.

I did form SAMMI 27-Nosler brass from 7mm RUM using a @Pbike257 forming set. Trimming and neck turning.

Thanks for the input. A quick look indicated that the 30 nosler would be a closer match, being .006 longer at the shoulder. The 28 looks to be .057 longer at the shoulder. Thoughts? I was hoping that nosler would release it at the shot show this year.

30 nosler will be easier. neck will get thicker might have to neck turn and overall length will be short in neck. 28 nosler aint to bad if you have the right dies. but will be more work in the end

Looks like I will be doing the same thing but will be necking up 26 brass. Benchmark 8.5 twist Hells Canyon wrapped barrel should be here any day

Looks like I will be doing the same thing but will be necking up 26 brass. Benchmark 8.5 twist Hells Canyon wrapped barrel should be here any day

Nice, what projectile are you planning on running? I'm going to try the 170 bergers.

yes sir i actually designed the throat and such for the 170 berger but yes all else is based off of sammi. it uses its own head space gauge also as does the 30, 33 all are a little different

Awesome. How is the accuracy? Care to share any load data?