260 Rem with Hybrid 100v

slickyboyboo

Has anyone here used any Hybrid 100v in their 260? Specifically for pushing 130s and 140s. If so what kind of velocities and accuracy did you end up with?

It is a recommended powder for some Barnes loads I intend to try...in 127gr LRX and 120gr TTSX.

I have used it in a .270 with 130 TSX and they scream...way too fast though. The 110 TTSX were pretty accurate...about .5MOA.

I found it a little dirty and it has a deep boom rather than sharp crack.

I use 760 in my LR .260 with <.25 MOA @ 800 yds

Last edited:
10-4, I bought some for my 257 Roberts, but haven't gotten around to any in depth load development, then I picked up a Savage Weather Warrior in 260, and looking at the powders, I figure I might give it a go.

I'm going to have to tag in here. I'm playing with 100v in my Creedmoor right now, Lapua 136 Scenar-L. She's being a finicky Biotch but it's coming around. I'd like to see how the 260 compares to the Creed'.

t

I shot H100V in my 260 and 120's 44gr its not as good as H4831SC. The target I shot is all vertical did not have my chrono at the time but the group was 5 shots about .75 vertical and .300 horizontal.

I have been meaning to give it another try but as stated H4831SC has been special and I have gotten quite used to it. After the target I thought the ES might be higher but never verified. From my understanding its supposed to be a blend of H4831 and H1000. So its right in 260's ballpark.

Its easy to get in a fuss about accuracy with the 260 1/2 MOA has been achieved regularly with 4 different rifles and too many bullets to count. Never had very good luck with 130's.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

I used to run it all the time in my 6.5x284. I thought the powder worked great for fall to spring but when the temp get above 70 you better reduce your load. It start going south and man if its 90 then don't even think about the same load you made up in the fall. I was running book max at 49 or 49.5 grains on the 140/142's. Summer came around and I had sticky bolt and injector swipes. It produced about the same speed to a little more speed then 4831. H1000 showed pressure before ever getting velocity. The up side was I was able to get the rifle shooting a good .5MOA at 200yards. I've also pondered using this in my wifes 243,

As far as temp stability with 100v my personal testing gave me .64 fps/degree (another forum I saw another member getting .78 fps/degree) which isnt that bad when considering how most of the old Reloader series, IMR, and Hodgdon (non extreme) powders are well over 1 fps/degree with most being closer to the 1.25-1.6 fps/degree change.

I use the 100v in my 270 win with 130 sst and have had excellent results. Also, more pertinent to the question of the OP is my use of 100v with my 6.5 creedmoor. I've been running the 143 ELD-x in a Ruger American Predator at .005" off at 2809 fps. I've been having an ES around 12 fps. This has been a good load for accuracy and pressure. This load is very long as is the chamber in my rifle and will not magazine feed. These speeds are all from a Magnetospeed and have been verified by drops out to 880 yards.

Since I have such a long throat and load them so long this particular bullet ends up being seated perfectly with just the boattail below the neck/shoulder junction. You may want to consider trying some RL26 if you have room in your case. I've been playing with this powder also and have only tested temperature stability and speed but not accuracy so far. Just got home from these tests and was quite impressed. Couple disclaimers to start with: I have been having problems with my Magneto saying its unplugged and not getting all the readings so I was only able to get 2 readings from my frozen ammo. Anyways here's what I came up with:
Ammo put in freezer and kept at 12degree F

Ammo kept outside at ambient temp of 64degree F

This little data gives me a .35 fps/degree change.

Just a thought if you have the room to run enough RL 26 it might be worth your time. This load of RL 26 seemed to have slightly less pressure than my 100v load and I have room to probably fit 1-1.2 more grains in.

I used to run it all the time in my 6.5x284. I thought the powder worked great for fall to spring but when the temp get above 70 you better reduce your load. It start going south and man if its 90 then don't even think about the same load you made up in the fall. I was running book max at 49 or 49.5 grains on the 140/142's. Summer came around and I had sticky bolt and injector swipes. It produced about the same speed to a little more speed then 4831. H1000 showed pressure before ever getting velocity. The up side was I was able to get the rifle shooting a good .5MOA at 200yards. I've also pondered using this in my wifes 243,

HV100 is my go to powder for both my 243 and 300 WSM Sub 0.5 moa in both calibers.
.243 44 gr HV100 with 95 gr BT, 100 Partition, 100 Hornady Interlock
300 wsm 65.5gr HV100 180 gr Accubond & 178 ELD-X
Just picked up a 6.5-284 Norma and need to do load development. Looks lime HV100 just made the list!!

I just purchased a Lone Eagle .260 pistol. The most accurate load has been with HV100. I also use it in my .257 Roberts with 100 gr. Sierra's.
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.