257 weatherby secret sauce

Well keep in mind bc is not the most important thing. I spent years chasing the highest bc in class I could find only to realize it was not need in my case. Take for instance my 6.5 creed. It's my hunting rifle so I was using the 147 eld. It worked ok on game and was what I wanted. Then I started running number on my applied app. I unlike others don't think I should be shooting game fatter than 600-800 with it. It at some point runs out of energy. Then I thought what is most likely and that's shots under 400 for me. So running the number with my self imposed 600 yard limit and most shot under 400 the 124hh was actually a much better option.
The .257 a prime example especially for you. If you don't want to dial up for each shot then light and fast give you flatter shots so a farther point blank range.
I have guys in Michigan here come out all the time to my range with the biggest heaviest high bc bullet they can get usually in a creed. Then when they go back to 3-400 yards they are shocked that they have so much drop compared to someone shooting the 110 hammers. Lighter makes love simple in most case. It will get you out a good way with less drop and less wind. But at some point it does get beat by high bc. You just need to determine if that's far enough out for you.

G1 and G7 are mathematical models for different shaped bullets. Hammer bullets is using the best G model for their bullets. Just use Hammer bullet's G7 in you ballistics calculator and don't worry about the difference.

You can look at other manufacturers bullets who list both G1 and G7 BCs to get rough comparison of the hammer bullet.

Well keep in mind bc is not the most important thing. I spent years chasing the highest bc in class I could find only to realize it was not need in my case. Take for instance my 6.5 creed. It's my hunting rifle so I was using the 147 eld. It worked ok on game and was what I wanted. Then I started running number on my applied app. I unlike others don't think I should be shooting game fatter than 600-800 with it. It at some point runs out of energy. Then I thought what is most likely and that's shots under 400 for me. So running the number with my self imposed 600 yard limit and most shot under 400 the 124hh was actually a much better option.
The .257 a prime example especially for you. If you don't want to dial up for each shot then light and fast give you flatter shots so a farther point blank range.
I have guys in Michigan here come out all the time to my range with the biggest heaviest high bc bullet they can get usually in a creed. Then when they go back to 3-400 yards they are shocked that they have so much drop compared to someone shooting the 110 hammers. Lighter makes love simple in most case. It will get you out a good way with less drop and less wind. But at some point it does get beat by high bc. You just need to determine if that's far enough out for you.
What kind of velocity are you getting with the 124ghh?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.