257 Weatherby

Currently, I don't have a 257 Wby, but back in the day, I built a 25-7mmRM, which was basically the same without the need for Wby double radius brass and chambers. Great cartridge for small and medium game with an occasional elk thrown in.

I have not yet acquired a .257 wby, I had been wanting to get into the quarter bores for some time. Last fall I ended up with a .25-06, which has been fun to semi customize and awesome to shoot! I am currently torn between the .257 Roberts and the .257 wby, not sure which one ill end up with first. I'll probably own both at some point.

Owned and shot my Mark V UL for 25yrs and it flat out kills. I shoot 100gr ballistic tips for deer shoot in the lungs bang flop. For elk I use 110 gr accubond 4 out fo 5 bang flop other one went about 6-8 ft. I will admit I prefer my 340 WTBY on elk tho :)

This thread made me pull mine out today and boy it shoots good. Shooting 3385fps now with the current load and it's grouping great. App called for 19" of drop today but I only had 17.5" drop. Trying to order some custom turrets today from Kenton but no answer so far.

Shot mine the other day.

IMG_20190831_180704.jpg

IMG_20190927_152318.jpg

128 Hammer Hunters at 3250 should kill stuff pretty well.

I shot 120gr Speer btsp out of mine. At the time it was the highest bc 257 bullet I could get. Never had to go look for a deer shot with it. All were drt. Imr7828 will get you all the speed that cartridge will deliver!
Looking for a new load for mine. Might try that.

I have a Cooper chambered in .257 Wby. I've been shooting factory Accubonds with it. It's deadly on pronghorn for as far as I can dope wind. I've acquired/accumulated a pretty large quantity of brass, so I may start loading for it soon.

I have a Cooper chambered in .257 Wby. I've been shooting factory Accubonds with it. It's deadly on pronghorn for as far as I can dope wind. I've acquired/accumulated a pretty large quantity of brass, so I may start loading for it soon.
Seriously give the Hammers a shot if you're gonna start reloading. I've never experienced such easy load development! If you've got a 10" twist, the 92gr Hunters sing =)

For those looking for a new load try VV N570 as a powder. I got 3575 shooting 110 ELDX and VV N570. It will be my new load now. I also had good luck with RL22 and 100TSX bullets shot at 3600fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.