adam32

Rifle1.jpg

Rifle2.jpg

-700 Stainless Short Action, trued
-Factory stainless bottom metal
-Ti bolt fluting, blackend flutes
-Bolt knob- Campfire knurled
-Christensen style bolt holes
-Broughton barrel-5C rifling-#5 contour,1/8 twist ( I really wanted to do a carbon barrel, but the price was a killer, next one for sure!)
-Spiral Fluting on barrel, blackend flutes
-Kampfeld double pinned recoil lug
-Manners MCS-T 100% carbon fiber stock, with an automotive clear coat finish, pillar/glass bedded.
-Tuned factory trigger for now, possibly a Kepplinger set trigger later.

My first custom!!! I can't wait to shoot it!!!:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I can't wait to run some bullets through her!! Now I just need to decide on a scope...any ideas???

I put a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 on her and she shoots awesome!! Factory Federal 100 soft points (fireform) put 5 shots right at an inch at 100yards. Loaded up some full power 115gr Bergers and put 3 right over 1/2" at 100. I also shot 3 95gr Ballistic tips (fireform load) at 200yards at they group a touch under 1/2"!! I'm super happy so far. I can't wait to load some 105 and 115 Bergers and actually test them. Richard Graves is also going to make me some 115 Wildcats.

Re: .243 Ackley Pics...!!! Updated with scope and targets.

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg
DSCN0252.jpg

Finally got around to getting some pics!

So far I'm super happy with the rifle, everything I've shot out of her shoots great if I do my part.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.