220 Swift build….

Swift issues to resolve:

Freebore length on gunsmith's reamer
Web dia
Neck dia

There is one heck of a difference between Norma and Win and Rem brass, night and day!

So you know, a 22/250 AI will best Swift speed and accuracy, and the Creed is it's kissing cousin!

Swift issues to resolve:

Freebore length on gunsmith's reamer
Web dia
Neck dia

There is one heck of a difference between Norma and Win and Rem brass, night and day!

So you know, a 22/250 AI will best Swift speed and accuracy, and the Creed is it's kissing cousin!
Thus, my request for info on a reputable/experienced Swift builder….honestly, I've suggested 22GT (already have a 6GT) or a .204 Ruger, but he's wanting a Swift….need to visit with someone who has lots of experience for a little guidance before we set this in stone!

I shot the barrels out of 4 Swifts. Issues with brass are considerable. Winchester brass is the smallest in the web and neck dia. Norma brass is available, but reamers are rarely if ever designed for Norma bass, I learned an expensive lesson on this issue.

If you ask for a print of the gunsmith's reamer, he probably will not have it, so no way you will be able to confirm that Norma brass will work, if that is your intended brass use.

Necks on Norma brass are much thicker than Winchester brass....so you know.

Best of luck and I hope this may help you from walking off a cliff like I did.
If you are using Norma brass, you need to know the dia at the Web and the neck dia. Be aware that SAAMI Swift throats can be quite long.....just saying...

Last edited:
Thus, my request for info on a reputable/experienced Swift builder….honestly, I've suggested 22GT (already have a 6GT) or a .204 Ruger, but he's wanting a Swift….need to visit with someone who has lots of experience for a little guidance before we set this in stone!
Jay will take care of all your worries