Preferred barrel blanks reviews

Kcollins01

Looking at getting a couple 1.7 twist 25cal blanks from pbb. Wanting to have my smith build a couple 25-06ai. I've seen a lot of great reviews. But also a handful of mixed ones as well. Just looking for some feedback on them before I go ahead and order. And is it worth getting them lapped?

Looking at getting a couple 1.7 twist 25cal blanks from pbb. Wanting to have my smith build a couple 25-06ai. I've seen a lot of great reviews. But also a handful of mixed ones as well. Just looking for some feedback on them before I go ahead and order. And is it worth getting them lapped?

I had a 25-06 1:7.5tw built from them. Shot great. I tried some 120gr Hammer Hunters in it and it handled it very well.

24" for any 25-06 I do, and I was able to get to 3047 avg with H4831. I could have pushed them harder, or used a different powder and got a bunch more speed, I think.
Sounds like a deadly combo. I run the 115gr ballistic tip Nosler out of mine at almost 3200 with retumbo

Preferred Barrel Blanks is certainly good to go. I had a 308 win barrel spun up by them and it really is a tack driver. My barrel was lapped, not really sure how much a difference it would make.

Preferred Barrel Blanks is certainly good to go. I had a 308 win barrel spun up by them and it really is a tack driver. My barrel was lapped, not really sure how much a difference it would make.
I'm thinking about going ahead and getting it lapped. Only 65 dollars might be worth it down the road

I'm thinking about going ahead and getting it lapped. Only 65 dollars might be worth it down the road
Have them lap it….will save you from doing with your bullets…unless you plan to use the David Tubbs lapping bullets…I use them all the time on factory barrels