Barrel preferance

grizzlyk

Need help trying to decide what barrel to get for t/c encore in 7mm mag or 300 mag and would the 7mm take out elk size game , and what kind of range can i get out of these calibers. Please help me decide thanks

Grizzlyk,

A 7mag will do very well on elk at long range. Use a good bullet. There are a LOT of very good bbl makers. If you want a great bbl sooner than later, check Lilja's site for bbls he already has in stock.

I would not hesitate to use any of the following:

Kreiger
Bartlein
Lilja
Broughton
PacNor
Shilen
Hart
Obermeyer
Walther
Brux

I got lucky when I called Krieger not long ago. They happen to have SS barrels in stock in 7mm, .277. I bought them all. I left the 338 bbl but referred another to Krieger and he bought it.

Obermeyer, Bartlein, and Broughton offer the canted or Russian style lands. I just ordered a Bartlein in 6.5 5R a couple of weeks ago for a 6.5x284.

I'll have an Obermeyer in a 308 hopefully very soon. The rifle should be just about finished.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.