2144 yard Chuck pics.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by brian b, Aug 9, 2005.

1. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

Saturday it finally happened. The MOAG delivered and I was finally able to get a 2k chuck! After fighting mother nature and work on several attempts, we finally got a weekend off that had nice weather (part of the time).

I had goodgrouper, 7mmrhb, and old bear to help spot the shots. All of us had a good time as we actually had three new entries into the VHA downrange clubs. 7mmrhb made the 500 yard club with his 22 hornet, and old bear made the 1k club with his dirty old 25-06, and me with my 2k entry.

Here is the big pic:
    [​IMG]

Here is the place where the chuck bit the dust:
    [​IMG]

This is a pic looking back at our camp and shooting bench from the kill site with my camera zoomed in half way:
    [​IMG]

Here is the happy dudes minus 7mmrhb:
    [​IMG]

2. IDAHO PREACHER

IDAHO PREACHER Well-Known Member

Congats Uncle b. Who ever is incharge of pictures great job. How was your HOT date a few weeks ago, show her this accomplishment she will be impressed and might go out with you again.

3. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

Great shooting B!!! That M.O.A.G is on bad "Mutha" for long distance chuck smackin!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Congrats again on a fine shot and your grand slam.
    7mmrhb is next I presume??

4. gonehuntingagain

gonehuntingagain Well-Known Member

Congrats guys!!!!!

All these pictures and stories about killing 'chucks is driving me up a wall!!! Too hot for chucks here lately.

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Congratulations.

It is hard to figure out which is more spectacular the 22H at 600+yds or a 338 @ 1.218 miles.

A good time with friends and family trying to do something difficult is worth a lot.

6. srhaggerty

srhaggerty Well-Known Member

gone,

Tell me about it. I keep hoping it might cool off here to get some more shooting in. Have a new rig I want to try out.

7. kregg slack

kregg slack Active Member

congratulations brian, nice shooting and good looking rifle as you know the super long range shooting game isnt to cheap. how much did you have to spend in every thing before you got your dog. i think i spend about $8000.00 to get in all of the clubs. 500 1000 1500 2000

8. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

That is one hell of a shot Brian,

You guys are driving me nuts. Me and BJ still have to break in our barrels and fireform a ton of brass. As soon as we get that done we are gonna try our hardest to add 2 more names to that 2k list

Congratulations
    Steve

9. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

congrats brian, how I envy you guys out west being able to see that far, here in the east ya gotta drill a hole through the air for the bullet path. But man I would like to have a rifle like that, who builds those howitzers anyhow?
    JS

10. brian b

Kregg,
    If I had to keep track of all the money I have spent on this venture it would take some of the fun out of it. with that said I GUARANTEE that I'm still in debt with the bank for some time on this project.
    B

11. brian b

thanks lerch,
    getting to 2K is not as easy as you think, a target will hold still while you shoot, but a chuck can evacuate the scene while the bullet is in flight. with a 3second plus flight time a lot can happen that is beyond your control.
    B

12. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

All I can say is, "THAT IS ONE HELL OF A SHOT" I only think people like us can truly appreciate what you and goodgrouper have accomplished. Good job, Wildcat

13. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I only think people like us can truly appreciate what you and goodgrouper have accomplished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it.

Tonight I was up shooting some skeet at our canyon range with a few friends of mine that are just scattergun enthusiasts and when they asked me why we built the Moag and our other guns, I pointed across the canyon to the other side about 1 mile away where a cell phone tower was. I said, "so if there is a chuck or an elk over by that tower, we can dump him from here" and they just looked at me like <font color="blue"> WHY???? </font>

I guess there is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness!

14. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Fantastic shooting Brian.

Bet you can't hit 2300 at the undisclosed location though. I hear 2144 in the Utah mountains is only like 1500 in the Idaho desert. [​IMG]