2144 yard Chuck pics.

brian b

Saturday it finally happened. The MOAG delivered and I was finally able to get a 2k chuck! After fighting mother nature and work on several attempts, we finally got a weekend off that had nice weather (part of the time).

I had goodgrouper, 7mmrhb, and old bear to help spot the shots. All of us had a good time as we actually had three new entries into the VHA downrange clubs. 7mmrhb made the 500 yard club with his 22 hornet, and old bear made the 1k club with his dirty old 25-06, and me with my 2k entry.

Here is the big pic:
bigpic1.jpg

Here is the place where the chuck bit the dust:
deathspot.jpg

This is a pic looking back at our camp and shooting bench from the kill site with my camera zoomed in half way:
lookinback.jpg

Here is the happy dudes minus 7mmrhb:
3dudes.jpg

Congats Uncle b. Who ever is incharge of pictures great job. How was your HOT date a few weeks ago, show her this accomplishment she will be impressed and might go out with you again.

Great shooting B!!! That M.O.A.G is on bad "Mutha" for long distance chuck smackin!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congrats again on a fine shot and your grand slam.
7mmrhb is next I presume??

Congratulations.

It is hard to figure out which is more spectacular the 22H at 600+yds or a 338 @ 1.218 miles.

A good time with friends and family trying to do something difficult is worth a lot.

gone,

Tell me about it. I keep hoping it might cool off here to get some more shooting in. Have a new rig I want to try out.

congratulations brian, nice shooting and good looking rifle as you know the super long range shooting game isnt to cheap. how much did you have to spend in every thing before you got your dog. i think i spend about $8000.00 to get in all of the clubs. 500 1000 1500 2000

That is one hell of a shot Brian,

You guys are driving me nuts. Me and BJ still have to break in our barrels and fireform a ton of brass. As soon as we get that done we are gonna try our hardest to add 2 more names to that 2k list

Congratulations
Steve

congrats brian, how I envy you guys out west being able to see that far, here in the east ya gotta drill a hole through the air for the bullet path. But man I would like to have a rifle like that, who builds those howitzers anyhow?
JS

Kregg,
If I had to keep track of all the money I have spent on this venture it would take some of the fun out of it. with that said I GUARANTEE that I'm still in debt with the bank for some time on this project.
B

thanks lerch,
getting to 2K is not as easy as you think, a target will hold still while you shoot, but a chuck can evacuate the scene while the bullet is in flight. with a 3second plus flight time a lot can happen that is beyond your control.
B

All I can say is, "THAT IS ONE HELL OF A SHOT" I only think people like us can truly appreciate what you and goodgrouper have accomplished. Good job, Wildcat

[ QUOTE ]
I only think people like us can truly appreciate what you and goodgrouper have accomplished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it.

Tonight I was up shooting some skeet at our canyon range with a few friends of mine that are just scattergun enthusiasts and when they asked me why we built the Moag and our other guns, I pointed across the canyon to the other side about 1 mile away where a cell phone tower was. I said, "so if there is a chuck or an elk over by that tower, we can dump him from here" and they just looked at me like <font color="blue"> WHY???? </font>

I guess there is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness!

Fantastic shooting Brian.

Bet you can't hit 2300 at the undisclosed location though. I hear 2144 in the Utah mountains is only like 1500 in the Idaho desert.
neener.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.