1072/1203 yard chuck pic/ way to go Old Bear!!

goodgrouper

Old bear also joined a new downrange club this weekend with us on these fine chuck pups. I am posting his pic because I told him I would do it for him.
It was a blast watching the old man connect on his first two quad digit kills.
Congrats Old Bear, looks like the ho-ho chants worked!

robertspic.jpg

Now please type us the story!

Man you guys were going at it this past weekend!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congrats on these fine shots at 1k plus!
It's time for me to start planning a chuck hunting trip out that way somewhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can't let all that fun keep passing me by!!
Congrats old bear on some fine shooting once again!

Old Bear You must of been up at 11000 feet, don't know of two many people whereing a t-shirt and long sleeve shirt when it been 100 degrees. That a great shot, the Old Bear eyes were working that day. I'll stop in next week congrats. Where your gun?

Congratulations

I am glad to see you are using a 25-06. I just traded off my 22-250 for a 25-06 Savage factory rifle and I am hoping to push it out to 1k or maybe more with some wildcat bullets or some berger 115gr vld's.

Great shootin

Good Job
Steve

Good Grouper/Old Bear,
I know OB was using 115gr Berger VLD's, what was the powder/powder charge and primer used? Excellent shooting.
I think 7RUMLOADER and I need to talk about plans for getting out west to do some longrange chuck busting. JohnnyK.

[ QUOTE ]
looks like the ho-ho chants worked

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Congrats on the great shooting. The HoHos bring 'em out but the shooter puts 'em down.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like the ho-ho chants worked

[/ QUOTE ]
4ked Horn,
I must agree that the ho-ho chants work, but goodgrouper kept complaining that they taste like nothing more than sugar and grease. I think he is right.
B
Now thats what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Congrats on the great shooting. The HoHos bring 'em out but the shooter puts 'em down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It still just amazes me that someone this OLD and down right awnrey as old bear could have pulled this off. but he did it with a smile on his face and probably still has it .

Goodgrouper, where do you guys live. I live in California and would like to do some chuck hunting. I am wondering where are the good places to go in your neck of the woods. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it. A friend and I are planning a trip next year and are looking for a place to go. We would need a place that would be some what close to hotels and food. We are planning on spending at least four to five days hunting. I forgot to say, "Great Shot Old Bear, now it's time for the 2k try". Thanks, Wildcat

All of us are from the black hole known as Utah and more specifically, Utah valley.

When you get your big boomer built, we might talk then about going to a 2k chuck spot. We will just have to blindfold you and make you ride in the back until we get there though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I must agree that the ho-ho chants work, but goodgrouper kept complaining that they taste like nothing more than sugar and grease. I think he is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is how the hunting gods know you are serious. Tell GG to stop whining and keep shooting.

And keep pitching the HoHos out the window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The load was 58.5 gr of Vhit N165,Fed GM1215 match primer in reworked match prepped LC62 30-06 cases, these were weight selected at 190gr +/- 1/2%. This load chronographs 3300 @ 5000 ft elevation. Safe in my gun! not a recomended load in any book. Thanks for the comments OLD BEAR

Old Bear,
Thanks for the load info. Been wanting to try the Vv powders more. 7RUMLoader and I are supposed to go to a gun show in Raleigh this weekend (13-14Aug), I'll try and pick some up.
I tried the 115VLD's back in March using RL22. I was getting .3" with 51.0gr but stopped after 51.5gr. Velocity was about 3044-3062 in my Sendero. Maybe I need to start load development with those pills back up. hum.
Anyway, again, superb shooting and thanks for the info. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.