1st MOAG chuck hunt pics

GG it sounds like you Brian B and 7mmrhb go through a lot of pains taking work to get your ammo perfect for that beast. At the ranges you guys are shooting I would imagine it's all very neccessary. IF I ever get to go on a hunt out your way I would love to meet you guys and do a little shooting! Everyone has their own limits as to how far they will go to achieve their goals in life and you my friend I think have no limit as to how far you will go to achieve your goals in life and I commend you for that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Keep up your good work and keep us all posted on how things progress with the M.O.A.G and the 2K shooting.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know some would be better off just shooting their 308's at 800 and living happily ever after!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Those .308 shooters should just keep shooting their little nancy boy guns and leave the REAL shooting to guys like us!

ERRR? Wait a second!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry 4kie, didn't mean anything by that. I was just saying that Ultra long range shooting may not be everyone's cup of tea. Guys shooting 308's at 800 yards are having tons of fun, and they don't have to go through all the agony of loading ammo precise enough to go over double that distance. Sometimes when I'm loading ammo for 30 hours to fill one ammo box for 1500 yard plus shooting, I wonder myself why the heck didn't I just stick with guns that were fun to 1000 yards or less and enjoy the realm of sanity! That's all I was getting at. Life was so much simpler when I was just worried about tagging that prairie dog at 450 yards with my .223! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm just teasing with you. I knew what you meant and am quite relieved to hear that I wouldnt benefit much by putzing with the nit picky stuff anyway. I like reloading but I like shooting better and if I have the spare time I would rather spend it pulling the trigger than the press handle.(for now anyway.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've noticed shooting gophers at 300 yards with my 30-06 all I need to do is hit them or even 2" low. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now I understand the cliche "the soft underbelly" when they pop 3' into the air with their guts hanging out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That was done years ago with a cheap factory 1.25 MOA gun. Now that I've got several decimal MOA 50 BMGs, the hit radius will be greatly expanded going from 165gr to 750gr bullets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Is it considered cheating to kill a chuck with a miss that's in the kill radius? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2nd legal question
I know some Makah Indians in Washington state that kill Whales with 50 BMGs. Can they join the club with a 2K hit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
can a .50-calibre rifle replace a harpoon?

Do I need to post this question to Mr Ethics on NPR?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.