2005 bucks, coyote

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by sambo3006, Dec 1, 2005.

1. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Got a 5 pt the day before gun season with my bow that I grunted in, then went up to northwest MO and got this beautiful probalby 3 1/2 yr old 10 pt during the middle of the gun season. The gun is my pet Rem 700 LH LSS 30-06 Ackley with fluted Shilen 25" #5 taper barrel. This gun is just a death ray on deer. I have been using 150 gr BT, but I am going to try the Sierra 180 SBT. Hope to get 3000 fps, and should hold together better. The coyote was trotting through so I drew back and bleated and shot when he stopped at 35 yds.
    No long range shots this year, but the potential is there in north MO farm country (4 to 5 hour drive). Congrats on the kills so far and wish everyone good luck this year!
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/sambo3006/Gunbuck2005.jpg
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/sambo3006/Bowbuck2005.jpg
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/sambo3006/CoyoteNov2005.jpg

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

sambo3006:

Great looking deer and yote. Sounds like you’ve got that ’06 dialed in pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Charles A

Charles A Well-Known Member

Outstanding deer bro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif We smack all the coyote's we can.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Great bowshot on the coyote and in my book 35 yds would be a long shot on a something the size of a coyote.

5. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Looks like a cross between a German Shepard and a coyote.

Good lookin critters.

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly unusual but, I saw one just about like that one two winters ago behind the house. Missed its partner and was so shocked by its color I didn't another shot off. Was at about 30 feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Hunted for it the rest of the year and the next and never saw hide nor hair of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

Good lookin critters.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The picture came out dark (I was using a self timer). I had to mess with editing the color, brightness etc to get it to look good. The 'yote wasn't really unusually colored, just a good winter coat. Of course, that wouldn't explain the collar.....ha ha!

8. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

Sambo ,

Very nice deer ,dog ,and landscape i just love woods like that.

I agree with charles on smackin all the coyotes we can ,I saw a pronghorn hunt where they showed coyotes doing sweeps for fawns and the hunters sat and watched.PATHETIC !
    Coyotes get bullets and arrows from me ,great shot @ 35 yds !! Mike

9. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

Sambo,

Way to go!
    Both bucks are very nice BUT a coyote with a bow,awesom.

Regards,

JD338