Colorado 2005

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Blacktail2, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Blacktail2

Blacktail2 Well-Known Member

This is my first post on the forum.I have been reading posts and learning alot.Here's some pictures of my hunt in Colorado in 2005,and a buck I took several years ago. ------- Vince [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

blacktail2,
    All I can tell you is that my first thought was "Oh Lord let me have one like that". Congratulations, beautiful animals.

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

blacktail2:

First of all, welcome to LRH. Second of all, I see at least one more buck laying there. How many more bucks did you have lined up there on the ground. Any more pictures?

Those are some great looking bucks. I like big typicals that have eye guards. That's also a pretty good looking bull. I assume you got the buck and bull both in 2005? Sounds like you had a pretty good trip to Colorado.

4. Blacktail2

ss7MM,
    There were three bucks lined up,all taken on the morning hunt.The bull and the buck on the ground were taken by two differant hunters that I guided in 2005.The buck on the wall hangs in my trophy room,and was taken by me.I have guided for Rudy Steele Guides and Outfitters for a number of years. I have lots of pictures from years of hunting and guiding.In 2005 we took a 190 class buck that was in Garth Carters, Huntin'Fool,it was taken by Brian McClatchie.--Vince

5. Takman

Takman Well-Known Member

Give us the scoop about the hunt on the one on your wall. He's a bruiser.

6. Blacktail2

Takman,
    The buck on the wall was taken in Wyoming, near Pinedale on Public land. This was a very good hunt.The area were I hunted is fairly low country,and you need some snow in the high country to push the deer down to make it good.I seen a number of good bucks on this hunt,mostly in the 150-170 class,several larger including the one I took which scores
    198 7/8------- Vince

7. BrandonA

BrandonA Well-Known Member

Awesome deer, glad to see I'm not the only California guy on this site!

8. Mntngoat

Mntngoat Member

Nice animal, Iam a Kalifornia guy too!

Michael