20 tac

matt_3479

A little while back I was in the market for a 204 Ruger as I had been using the old mans while doing load development and got hooked. While shopping I came across a Remington 700 VSSF-II in 204 Ruger. I was stoked, a nice looking rifle in the caliber I want so I picked it up. On my way home I popped into my favourite store and came across a semi custom Remington 700 in 20 tactical. i have been interested in that caliber for a little while but just bought the 204. 3 days later with little sleep thinking I missed an opportunity at a potential great rifle in a unique caliber so I woke up and bought that the second the store opened. I had 39gr Sierra blitzkings and 40gr vmax laying around so loaded up the 204 while waiting for my dies for the 20 tac. The 204 wasn't shooting better then 1" give or take at 100 yards. I'm thinking with the twist Remington runs it might shoot better with 32gr and 35gr bullets.

Well yesterday I got out and finally tested the 20 tac and turns out she's a laser and super glad I bought it. 24.5grs and 25.3grs of 8208XBR and 39gr blitzkings shot a 3 shot .209" and a 3 shot .259" group at 100 yards. Think I found my new coyote rifle. To top off a good day I brought out the 260 Rem and did some shooting at 638 yards. Took some time to teach a friend who shot a beautiful 2.368" 5 shot group at 638 yards.

Custom 260 is in front, and the semi custom 20 tac is in the back

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.