338 snipe-tac

"i'll stick with my 308" ....that sums it up perfectly"

LOL, ya I noticed that to. Was gonna say something last night, but decided not to.

Anyone who thinks the 308 is great has spent to much time under uncle Sam to know any better, or is one of those "marine snipers", You'll never tell them any different.

Kinda like the one that told me he could hit me at 1K with a open sighted .223 Rem. I couldn't help but laugh in his face on that one. I told him he could even have the first CASE of ammo to try before I tried ONCE with my 300 RUM. Didn't hear to much more outta him the rest of the night.

[Smells like a troll, I think you ment to type in Snipershide, not LRH.com......quote]

Not exactly the "coolest" coment either. Are we trying to start fights? All this over a thread almost 3 years old?

Cant we all get along?

Jason

"i'll stick with my 308" ....that sums it up perfectly"

LOL, ya I noticed that to. Was gonna say something last night, but decided not to.

Anyone who thinks the 308 is great has spent to much time under uncle Sam to know any better, or is one of those "marine snipers", You'll never tell them any different.

Kinda like the one that told me he could hit me at 1K with a open sighted .223 Rem. I couldn't help but laugh in his face on that one. I told him he could even have the first CASE of ammo to try before I tried ONCE with my 300 RUM. Didn't hear to much more outta him the rest of the night.

First of all, I've never stated that 7,62x51mm is the one for 1K and next, when 338 LM has more than enough to do the job with B408 at 1K with moderate velocities that would be my choice over .300 Win Mag a topped with 190 grain SMK but sure not one of those fancy wildcats y'all got going.
Mainly it bothers when you read statements like "too much time under uncle Sam, or one of those marine snipers." but nothing else.
Now number 1,
There ain't such a thing like too much time when it comes to your favorite uncle!
Second,
If you can play with your expensive toys free in this land some part of that is because of that marine sniper all the way out there at BFE eating pills rather than a big o WHOOPER and ****ing in his BDU while he has no bladder problems what so ever! So why not have a little respect.
Long Range Hunting is OK and fine. If that's your cup of tea, enjoy it, me I like to crawl right behind the white tails ear!
Don't know much about the 223 at 1K but I'll still stick with my .308 and never ask me to squeeze one coming for you with your name all over it even at 1K while you're gobbling!
-click this if you would?
YouTube - Lonesome Dove Shot

deepandsilence

All other points aside, you were asked to offer your solid factual experience that allows you to make such comments about the 408 CT based wildcats.

You did not do that so that tells me you have no experience with what your bad mouthing, typical.

No body is attaching those that serve our fine country. If you can not pick up sarcasm when you read it, that is your issue. We have guys come on here all the time simply looking for a fight. Most "THINK" they are marine snipers, but instead they generally do nothing but read magazines and WATCH movies!!!!

Please let me politely remind you where you are, LONG RANGE HUNTING.com. Not "Crawl up behind a whitetail.com.

Obviously your views and those solidly held by those of us here are here at LRH. We do not see things the same and I think you would be much better served if you went somewhere, where your ideas about hunting will be shared by others.

You will get much more enjoyment doing this.

That is unless you simply are a troll and enjoy causing problems with comments just like the ones you opened with. It would be like me going over to Snipershide and saying the 308 is a total waste.

Certainly not telling you to leave LRH, everyone is welcome here but again, understand where you are, LONGRANGEHUNTING.com.

Your opinion is not shared with anyone here so why would you want to be here?

Again, if you have any solid experience about the 408 CT based wildcats to support your comments, please share, if its just opinion which it surely is, you have stated it, and its totally uneducated and wrong, leave it at that, you will not win this debate because you ARE wrong.

StrictlyRUM,

Did you read his post?????

Everyone can offer any opinion they want but when they do, they open themselves up to be critisized if those comments are clearly uneducated and wrong which his were. Not only that, he was stating such incredibly incorrect comments that it may turn people away from these wildcats.

This web site is the best for LRH simply because we keep things as trueful as we can so that when new visiters come to this sight, they know they are reading credible information. If opinions like this start popping up, we lose that status as a site that offers solid, trueful information. When I see a comment that 100% uneducated and totally untrue, it is the job of those that know the facts to call them out on this and make sure others know the trueth. His comments are exactly like the ones spouted on Snipershide.com all the time, all day long. That is fine, take it there and enjoy your like minded crowd, do not go to the other camp just looking to start a fight. With comments like this, we simply can not let it slip, they have to be called out.

Last edited:
All other points aside, you were asked to offer your solid factual experience that allows you to make such comments about the 408 CT based wildcats.

You did not do that so that tells me you have no experience with what your bad mouthing, typical.

No body is attaching those that serve our fine country. If you can not pick up sarcasm when you read it, that is your issue. We have guys come on here all the time simply looking for a fight. Most "THINK" they are marine snipers, but instead they generally do nothing but read magazines and WATCH movies!!!!

Please let me politely remind you where you are, LONG RANGE HUNTING.com. Not "Crawl up behind a whitetail.com.

Obviously your views and those solidly held by those of us here are here at LRH. We do not see things the same and I think you would be much better served if you went somewhere, where your ideas about hunting will be shared by others.

You will get much more enjoyment doing this.

That is unless you simply are a troll and enjoy causing problems with comments just like the ones you opened with. It would be like me going over to Snipershide and saying the 308 is a total waste.

Certainly not telling you to leave LRH, everyone is welcome here but again, understand where you are, LONGRANGEHUNTING.com.

Your opinion is not shared with anyone here so why would you want to be here?

Again, if you have any solid experience about the 408 CT based wildcats to support your comments, please share, if its just opinion which it surely is, you have stated it, and its totally uneducated and wrong, leave it at that, you will not win this debate because you ARE wrong.

Well put Kirby.

I think between you, Dave, Shawn, Bruce and I, he'll have a hard time with his rendition of facts on the .408 based cartridges!

DeepandSilence, just a thought, it may be that a few of the boys playing with the expensive toys has also paid their dues and knows firsthand about weeing in the panties rather than wiggling at the wrong time. It could be that memories such as these are in the distant past and they are content to take the grandson out and bust a few rocks on the other side of the hill. Most have taken care of business over the years and if the barrel burns out they will have another one screwed on, hell most will already have a extra sitting at the smithey.

Well folks, I did not mean to hurt any of you guys business with my comment, but if I did so I apologize. I also did not know that some of you folks get customers via the site and or the forums. I am not a sponsor of the LongRangeHunting.com either.

I am truly stating that I have no idea what troll means. But more than likely that is not what I am.

I have never started a fight in my life, but I have ended a bunch.

There is no need to get defensive and or aggressive here.

Now, what I have studied when it comes to ballistics and new wild cats that I will keep it to my self here in southern IN.

I will not be responding any furthermore posts.

I wish y'all my best with your business.

deepandsilence

I for one know how fast the barrels "burn out" on any of the 408 cased cartridges. I happened to be the 1st to ever pull a trigger on a 408 based case in 1999. I know the 408, 375, and 338 CheyTac, amoung others. Trust Kirby and Dave, as they have carried on the shooting where I left off with the 408/338 modified brass, and I still work with them.

But, Please don't ever question my resume as to what past qualificatins I may have. And, I'm still doing it. Enuff. Want to know more, send a private email.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.