17 WMR Custom

Tris

Hi Everyone,

I want to get a 17 WMR in a left hand bolt. Few of the major manufacturers have even started making rifles in this caliber let alone left handed ones. I know that Volquartzen have one but it's $2000. Could anyone suggest who would be the best person to build one?

Many thanks

Tris

Hi Everyone,

I want to get a 17 WMR in a left hand bolt. Few of the major manufacturers have even started making rifles in this caliber let alone left handed ones. I know that Volquartzen have one but it's $2000. Could anyone suggest who would be the best person to build one?

Many thanks

Tris

Unless I read you wrong the 17 HMR is just a 22 WMR necked down to .17 cal.
and any 22 WMR can be re-barreled to the 17 HMR.

So if you can find a left handed 22 WMR all you need is a barrel in .17 cal. (The ammo will fit the mag and action perfectly).

J E CUSTOM

Sorry I actually am after the 17 Super Magnum.

Gotcha.

It has a velocity of around 3000 ft/sec (450 ft/sec faster than the 17 HMR)

There is also a real screamer that pushes the same bullet to 3650 ft/sec. (The 17 hornet) that is a center fire cartridge and can be found in lots of left handed rifles.

I have thought about building one and I have a 22 K Hornet that I really like on a 1885 low wall Winchester. I would find a short action and build off that.

Just a thought.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.