10 MOA for 7mm Rem Mag

kdmp79.gif

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

So, is there anyway to physically, and practically measure whether the scope mount screws are off center and if the barrel is bent?

Thanks
Bill

Not that I know of. But like I said....I don't get out much. Also, I have ZERO technical skills when it comes to gunsmithing. My philosophy is buy the best and cry once.

Wait....that is BAT's motto.....I guess that is why I own a BAT action!:D

Eaglet, thanks for the visual. That is what I figured it was. I have always called bullet path, bullet drop and bullet drop, bullet drop, doh.

4xforfun, I like that motto. I usually cry a couple of times!!!

Thanks all
Bill

Its depend of your scope, I use for example in my 7 mm rem mag a 150 grs Ballistic Tip, out at 3110 and with the Zeiss 6-24X56 that are zero at 100 yards I can cover up to maximum 1230 yards, in +20 degrees Celsius and 300 meter abow sea level. When its cold lets say 0 degrees I can come up to 1150 yards, because I have max 210 elevation clicks. (each click is 0,5 cm)

Do you need to shooting over that you need a MOA rail but with risk that your total scope mount will be too high and you need to adjust the stock.

Last edited:
A 180gr &mm Berger hybrid with a MV of 2950, and a 200yrd zero with have 21.5 - 22moa drop at 1k depending on your conditions. Shooting at high altitude will only make it better.

I use a 20 MOA. My 'smith suggested it would keep the reticle centered in the scope. It seems to work fine. My rifle shoots with sufficient accuracy to be a reliable marmot rifle past 1100 yards, and shooting paper shows it is still capable as far as 1380.
This is a 7 Rem Mag shooting 180 gr Berger VLD's.

Only to be sure Zeiss have a two piece MOA bases, then you dont need the full rail, and I guess that they are trustful.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.