Wyoming dogs getting scarce

Balllcoach

Been prairie dog shooting in S Dak and Wyoming for 24 years. For the last 3 years the dogs around Newcastle, WY were getting fewer and fewer, so we expanded our area.

This year we looked from Cheyenne to Douglas to Buffalo to Gillette. We saw plenty of towns, but maybe 2 dogs in the whole town, not worth even taking out a gun for.

Maybe it had been the plague, maybe the towns have been over shot, but there just are not the targets there had been. Try South Dakota, Montana or Nebraska, but don't bother with Wyoming.

Been prairie dog shooting in S Dak and Wyoming for 24 years. For the last 3 years the dogs around Newcastle, WY were getting fewer and fewer, so we expanded our area.

This year we looked from Cheyenne to Douglas to Buffalo to Gillette. We saw plenty of towns, but maybe 2 dogs in the whole town, not worth even taking out a gun for.

Maybe it had been the plague, maybe the towns have been over shot, but there just are not the targets there had been. Try South Dakota, Montana or Nebraska, but don't bother with Wyoming.
Any disease or plagues going on?
I know maybe 10-12 years ago there was a plague West of Pierre - one river in the middle of SD and the Dogs were almost gone. We hunted Highmore on private land and there were PD Towns everywhere.
I liked the way the Roads were set up in "Squares" and Numbered Easy to get around and find out where you were at.

We have noticed towns disappearing or shrinking. We attribute to plague and poisoning.

Is your Eagle pop. growing ?

I have not noticed more eagles than normal. I also forgot to take a prairie dog gun at branding, so I missed an evening of shooting. There was a whole batch of pups that are only about 1.5 inches wide. My Buddies ranch has three small PD towns, and we try to keep them in check. Porcupines have been on the increase this year. They are fun to dispatch too.