• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Pierce Titanium 338 Edge **SOLD**

MattyV

I would like to sell my 338 Edge. It is built around a Pierce Titanium Action. The list of parts includes:

Pierce Titanium Action w/ Slab Cut on LH side
Ti recoil lug
Lightened bolt option
Benchmark #5 contour, fluted, 1:9.5 twist, 28" and threaded 5/8"-24 and has a muzzle brake
Black CeraKote
Manners T-A stock w/ the forearm lightened and fluted, aluminum pillar/devcon steel putty bedding
PTG BDL bottom metal
Timney trigger

The round count on this rifle is 70 rounds. I did some initial break-in/load development and shot a few groups. I build this rifle while working at Pierce Engineering. I worked there for a little over year and did all of the CNC work. I made this action, bolt, bolt handle, bolt knob, bolt release, recoil lug, and firing pin. I did the chamber work and also threaded it for the muzzle brake, which I also made. I bedded the manners stock and also did the lightening to it and the flutes. I know this rifle inside and out.

Included with the sale will be NEW redding dies and 100 pcs. of Nosler custom brass. This alone, is worth almost $400.00

Parts and labor in this gun total about $3,700.00

I am asking $3,800.00

The pictures of the groups were taken just last week. The wind was whipping. This rifle shoots much better than I do. The flyer is due to me not being able to call wind on the open prairie with no indicators. I really hate to send it down the road, but I need the money and have other projects I need to finish long before I will be able to put this black beauty to use. (That's what I call her)

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg
This was five shots @100 yards. I also shot at 500 yards and had 1.5" of vertical dispersion, but one shot went 8" to the right because of the wind dying.

Scope, rings, and bi-pod are not included. This rifle is for sale in other places, including locally. I will accept a personal or cashiers check. Please understand a two day wait period for the check to clear. It will ship the day it clears and is deposited in my account. There will be a 3 day inspection period. Buyer pays for shipping and insurance. If the rifle is refused, me, the seller, will pay the return shipping and insurance.

I hate to see it go, but like I said, I have many more pressing needs for the money. My GI Bill is going to run out soon and I have quite a bit of school left. I'm hoping to get a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I used a lot of my benefits on gunsmithing school and the Brownell's Trinidad Third Year Gunsmithing program.

I will re-chamber this to 338 Rum if it is the difference of a sale.

Re: WTS Pierce Titanium 338 Edge

How much does it weigh, scoped up ? What kind of brake is it ? Nice rifle !
Thanks,
bb204

I weighed it without the scope and it was about 8.5 lbs. I had It in a hunters edge McMillan and it was about 7.25 lbs., but that was just too light. Even with the brake the recoil was substantial. I opted for a little more weight to offset the boom. The weight with a scope would depend on which scope you choose. I made that brake at work. It closely resembles the APA fat bastard brake.

IMG_2743.jpg
This is the group at 500. The wind died and I totally missed the call.

IMG_2746.jpg
After shooting that 3 shot group, I shot at this prairie dog target I made and centered it. This gun can shoot, as long as the shooter can as well.

I just received my barreled ti action from pierce in a 6.5 creedmoor. You guys have a great action. Mine was cerakoted purple. Still waiting on my T5 from manners. Gonna wait a few months and order another ti action. It cycles better than my Gap. Good luck.

I really enjoyed working there. We had a lot of fun and I got to have the satisfaction of guys like you telling me how much they loved they're guns, knowing that I made almost every piece of it. My wife had a much better career opportunity in Colorado though, and I missed Colorado and wanted to go back to school, so I reluctantly had to leave.

Bump. Make a reasonable offer. No trades.

Re: WTS Pierce Titanium 338 Edge **Price Drop**

$3,500.00 bump/ Make me an offer. This is a pretty gun, and shoots as well. Perfect for this years hunt.

Re: WTS Pierce Titanium 338 Edge **Price Drop**

Low ball offers will be publicly posted from now on. Do not act like you are doing me a favor by offering to take it off my hands for over $1000 less than my asking price. I am at rock bottom on this rifle and don't have to sell it.