• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS NIB Burris XTR II 5-25x50 FFP G2B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the new Burris XTR II scopes made?
Are they US made?

IIRC, they are Made in the Philippines (but don't let that fool you, it's quality made), same plant as the Veracity line, hopefully Bruce Ventura will chime in.

It should also say on the bottom of the scope like my Veracity does.

ADDED:

I spent some time at the Burris booth at the SHOT Show looking at the Veracity and XTR-II scopes. I came away pretty excited. The Veracity model line is changing my attitude toward FFP for hunting. I recall that both scope lines are made in the Philippines at a different factory than where the Fullfield-based models are made. Here is a synopsis.

Burris tends to leverage a single optical design for multiple scope model lines. Burris has taken that to the extreme with the E1 optical designs. AFAIK, XTR II and Veracity models of the same magnification use the same optics as well. I spent more time looking at the Veracity models because I like the multi-purpose reticle designs. The Veracity scopes were typical of Burris optical quality: good resolution, high contrast, and no tunneling in the erector over 5:1 zoom ratio. I also recall seeing no obscuration at low magnification when the elevation was rotated to the limit.

All of the Veracity scopes have MOA/MOA reticle and turrets. The E1 FFP reticle on the 2-10X and 3-15X models seems like a good compromise between low mag visibility of the thick lines, and minimal obstruction of the scene at high mag. The tapered hick lines should be effective at drawing your eye to the center in low light when the magnification is set to a low value. I think the modified E1 FFP Varmint reticle on the 4-20X and 5-25X models is an excellent long range MOA/MOA set-up. It has more windage hold-off marks on the crosshair than the E1 FFP reticle.

The BDC hold-offs enable quick short range shots up to about 600 yds, although I really prefer BDC reticles in the SFP position so that I can force the hold off lines to fall on even ranges vales like 300, 400, 500 yds, etc., by using the zoom ring to "calibrate" the reticle.

The turret clicks were stiffer than the E1 scopes, but not as sharp as some others I've felt. The zero stop was excellent, but I did not have a chance to pull the knobs off to inspect the mechanism. I recall the knob had unlimited rotation above zero.

Thank you for the info, all I could find online were post saying they were made in the US, but nothing official from Burris.

I appreciate the clarification.
Calvin

Status
Not open for further replies.