• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS - Harris Gunworks Super Varminter 300 Wthby

17Tactical

I have for sale a Harris Gunworks Signature Super Varminter bolt action rifle chambered in 300 Weatherby. The rifle has a Harris Gunworks Signature series action, (it is a right hand bolt with a left hand port). It has a 28" Harris Gunworks stainless barrel that is .850 at the muzzle; with a 1-10 twist. The rifle is teflon coated matte black. It is a repeater with a BDL floor plate. The trigger is set at 3.5#. The stock is a McMillian Sako Varminter with a 14-1/4" LOP and a Pachmar Decelerator recoil pad and has front and rear sling studs. I am the original owner. It has less than 200 rounds through it. I developed a hunting load for it and hunted with it on my property. I sold the property and I no longer use it, thus the reason I am selling it. The rifle has minor dings on the stock and the bluing is slightly worn at the muzzle. The rifle is a tack driver and is in excellent condition. I will ship the rifle in a plastic hard case to you FFL dealer.
$2,600.00 shipped OR BEST OFFER.

My rifle was built while the McMillian brothers (today they are McMillian stocks and rilfles) were part of the Harris Gunworks company. Harris Gunworks sold their rifles with a 1/2" or less group guarantee.
Below is a link to the present day Harris Gunworks company.
http://www.harrisbarrelworks.com/index.html

HarrisGunworks-27.jpg

HarrisGunworks-21.jpg

HarrisGunworks-25.jpg

HarrisGunworks-26.jpg

HarrisGunworks-23.jpg

HarrisGunworks-24.jpg

Last edited:
What does it weigh?

Is it the tack-driver I would expect?

What does it weigh?

Is it the tack-driver I would expect?

It weighs approx. 11 lbs.
I worked up a hunting load for it:
180gr Nosler B.T.; Weatherby brass; Primer: 215M; Powder: IMR-7828. With 83.2 gr chron. at 3121fps with less than 10 deviation.
I developed the load listed above by starting at 83.0gr and working by .5gr increments up to 84.5gr (max) for 4 loads.
While developing this load I shot groups ranging from 1/2" to 1-1/2" listed as follows:
(All are 5 shot groups at 100yds)
(All shots fired using a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56 scope)
83.0gr = 1/2"
83.5gr = 3/4"
84.0gr = 1"
84.5gr = 1-1/2"
Once I got the 1/2" groups with 83.0gr, I loaded four more loads starting at 83.0gr and worked up in 1gr increments to 83.4gr. These were so I could determine the best deviation spread. 83.2gr gave me the smallest deviation spread and still shot 1/2" groups at 100yds.
I hope this will allow you to make a determination about my rifle.
Thanks, Brent