WTO SwitchLug

wapitiaddict

Does anyone know if a WTO SwitchLug can be retrofitted on a factory Tikka T3x rifle and still use the factory barrel and stock...by a qualified gunsmith of course?
Thanks in advance!

I would contact Clayton @ WTO to confirm using your T3x action.
Your barrel would need to be shouldered and the stock inletted if you want to remove barrel with action left in stock. I chose to remove my stocks when changing barrels, as there is only a slight inlet needed for the Switch-lug to fit. Clayton can answer any questions you may have.

Does anyone know if a WTO SwitchLug can be retrofitted on a factory Tikka T3x rifle and still use the factory barrel and stock...by a qualified gunsmith of course?
Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure on the Tikka, but when I had my switchlug put on my Howa 1500 I would have had to have the barrel set back a long ways due to the fact that my rifle has an integral recoil lug and adding the switchlug would have pushed my barrel away from its original position. All that to say, I don't think your factory barrel will work as is.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.