• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 338 barrel

are you looking for a fireforming barrel? why the 1.3 shank, what action is it going on?

are you looking for a fireforming barrel?

Yes sir

why the 1.3 shank, what action is it going on?

I guess a Barnard (being ordered). really didn't give it too much thought. I figured I had to have at least a 1.3 for the case even for fire forming.

please drop some science on me kind sir:) This will be me first experience with this.

1.3 is not as common most shanks are 1.25 and if that will work I can look around the shop and see what I can find. How long? will 18" suffice?
What cartrige is it going to be?

Crap! I should have mentioned that in the beginning. 338-408......if you have any length that will work for this I'll take it. just let me know.

Last edited:
What size is the thread tennon on the action 1.125 x16 or bigger?

A 1.250 is not going to leave much shoulder with that thread tennon. I don't have anything bigger at the shop right now.

i got a 338 edge barrel that 25 inchs long 1.200 strait blank that ill take a 100.00 bucks for call me randy 703 499 6093 it on a rem 700 action

A 1.250 is not going to leave much shoulder with that thread tennon. I don't have anything bigger at the shop right now.

Thanks Jim. I talked to Kevin too and he felt the same way.

Mudoc I think that's too small for me.

Last edited: