• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB:300 Win Mag Brass Lapua,RWS

darreljwick

Hi Guys,
I have been a long time spectator of this site and learned alot from it. Thanks to you all. I would like to buy 200 Lapua or RWS brass for my new 300 Win Mag. Can be once fired as well. Thank you. [email protected]

FYI, Lapua no longer manufactures 300 Win Mag brass. I had a 300 Win Mag built one-two years ago - partially so I could purchase and use Lapua brass. Bought a 100 box of Lapua brass. 6 months later I learned that Lapua no longer made 300 Win Mag brass. Doesn't mean someone won't have some available to sell. Good thing is these 100 will last me a very long time so I'm not too concerned having only 100 brass. Anyhow, just in case you weren't aware of this with the Lapua brand.

RWS brass is also very tough, high quality brass, and I believe RWS is still producing 300 Win Mag cases.

Thanks for the information. What other brand of quality & obtainable brass can you guys recommend? Thanks again. Darrel

You've picked the best two brands, in my opinion. Best meaning that RWS and Lapua are dimensionally very uniform, and they have about the toughest case heads going. If you're happy shooting moderate pressure loads, Norma brass is generally of consitent dimensional quality, but Norma brass has a consistent reputation of having softer than average case heads, meaning that the primer pockets will swell at pressures where the Lapua and RWS brass operate at very comfortably.

Other than those three, I'd go Winchester & Federal, and then Remington.

The two brands I'm aware of that are consistently head and shoulders above the rest are RWS and Lapua. And they do cost more than the plain-Jane brands.

I fire formed my Rem brass for my 300 win. It has worked well for me. I have also been looking for Lapua but can't find any. I neck size with a Lee collet die and I have over six firings with no sign of failure.