• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester M70 280 Ackley Improved

nchunter182

This is one of my hunting rifles that I'm moving out of the safe to make room and fund other projects. I put this gun together using a donor action from a 30-06 rifle I parted out. This gun shoots! I used it to take a Wyoming antelope at 725 yards during an LRH sponsored hunt in 2014. I was using the Berger 168gr VLD Hunting and that is my go-to bullet for this gun. I've shot a 6.5" group at 1000 yards with that bullet in this gun. I have tried the Berger 175gr EH and they showed promise as well but never finished fully testing the round. I'd never weighed this gun before today and it's surprisingly heavy at 11.3 pounds with scope. Stock is in great shape with very few rub marks. Metal finish is good also. Only thing I don't like about this rifle is the fit of the floorplate. Floorplate is a little short and barely catches on the trigger guard plunger. Never had it pop open but wanted to point this out and in the pictures. I really don't know exact total round count down the barrel – SWAG of ~300 based on amount of brass I have with a couple of reloads. I have many reloading tools and components for this caliber that will be offered to the buyer of this rifle before posting for sale individually. Scope and rings not included.

Price is $850 and buyer pays shipping to your FFL.

Send me a message for additional questions and to arrange purchase.

If you live in Texas, I'd prefer to do face-to-face deal. Willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet up with you. Also glad to do Facetime call to discuss rifle.

Thanks,
Jay

IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
Yep - thanks! Forgot to copy/paste the details. It's 1-9"

• Winchester Model 70 push feed action with two-piece bottom metal
  • Pac-Nor 26" 1-9" twist #5 sporter profile stainless steel super match barrel 11° crown - .710" at muzzle
  • Action trued, barrel installed and chambered by Pac-Nor
  • Fluted bolt
  • Bushed bolt firing pin hole and turned firing pin – work performed by Gre-Tan Rifles
  • Rifle Basix fully adjustable trigger – set to 1.5 lbs
  • EGW 20 MOA scope rail
  • Winchester branded HS Precision gray spiderweb stock – Very similar to the Pro-Series 2000 Varmint Stock
  • Picatinny bipod rail installed on forend

Great deal.
I have two of these or this would be headed my way.
Lots of meat on the bone for a little gun smithing or cosmetics...
GLWS!!

Great deal. I wish you would have posted this before I built mine.