Western Colorado

crashlanding

Time for me to move into something new and different. Bought my first rifle, a Marlin 336 30.30, when I was 12 years old, $75 used. Cut grass all summer long in 1969 to get that rifle, I still have it. I've been into guns and hunting ever since. This last November a friend of mine was working on reloads for a Weatherby Accumark in 30.378 and asked me for some help in range spotting, I agreed to tag along. We have plenty of open country out here, distance is not a factor. Long story short, I was ringing steel at 800 yards when he ran out of ammunition, I'm hooked. I have a lot to learn but I've got the time so Ill just read for awhile before posting so as not to ask repetitive questions. Eventually I'll buy a rifle for extended range purpose, possibly to shoot game with if I ever get that good. My longest shot to date is 318 yards on a bull elk, prairie dogs are a different matter, closer to 400 with them. Looking forward to catching up. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts