• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherby Back Country .300 Weatherby

Killertraylor

This is one of the original Vanguard backcountry rifles withe the fluted barrel and fiberglass stock. Stock has factory installed aluminum pillars in it. These came with a sub MOA guarantee and I've tried both the Weatherby factory 180 grain partitions and 180 grain accubonds in the gun and both shoot sub 3/4 inch groups at 100. Rifle has a 24" barrel and a vais muzzlebrake added by a local gunsmith, Allison and Carey which was a $225 install. Barrel with brake is close to 26". Rifle weighs 6 lbs, 14 oz with the attached Leupold bases and 1" rings which will come with the rifle. Aftermarket Timney trigger breaks crisp at 2 lbs. Trigger is adjustable. Less than 40 rounds down the barrel. $875 shipped.

184739.jpeg

184740.jpeg

184741.jpeg

184742.jpeg

184743.jpeg

A guy on another forum asked whether the stock was cracked near the front action screw - I got the gun out and discovered indeed it is. I'm knocking $100 off the price and throwing in 29 rounds of Factory Weatherby 180 grain partitions.

Here is a close up of the crack - as you can see, there is a giant aluminum pillar there - I can't move the fiberglass on either side of the crack - appears stable. I sent the pics to my gunsmith who does my F-class rifles and he said you can put some JB weld in it, but because it's fiberglass, it likely won't spread. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt it and shoot it like this with that big pillar in there.
184750.jpeg

184751.jpeg