VX6 2-12 close out score!

blacktail 8541

Just placed an order with Cabelas for a VX6 2-12 zero lock. These are on close out to make way for the new HD line. Could not pass up the close out price and promos!

Sale price $699.00
10% off with free shipping club promo =-$70.oo - shipping $19.95
- $53.83 in club points
Total price = $576.16

Also earned another $11.17 in club points

All of the VX-6's were on sale but I think most are out of stock now. The 3-18x44 was $799 which is a great deal.
Congratulations, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I picked up the 2-12x42 about 2 weeks ago. Great deal. I have the 3-18x44 on another rifle and really like it.

Yep, I have the 2-12 x42 VX6 ZL on my 280ai. Very sweet deal!

I plan on using the one I just bought on a light weight 7 mm SAUM that I am building. My rifle should have similar ballistics to your .280 AI. what is your effective distance on game with that rifle/scope combo? I was initially wanting a scope with a little more high end magnification, but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got and figured it would be a solid choice for my lightweight build.

Well, now they're on sale for just shy of $1,100. He who hesitates is lost.
They are still on sale for $699 at Cabelas.com. Look for the Duplex Zero-Lock model. They have another category for the VX6, and those models aren't really on sale.

I plan on using the one I just bought on a light weight 7 mm SAUM that I am building. My rifle should have similar ballistics to your .280 AI. what is your effective distance on game with that rifle/scope combo? I was initially wanting a scope with a little more high end magnification, but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got and figured it would be a solid choice for my lightweight build.

I won't claim I know yet, the scope is new. I think the ballistics are good on big game to about 800 yards. I'd think the 12x is just fine for that range for big game. Maybe down around the coyote size that would be a bit far, just don't have any experience out that far yet.

I'm not afraid to admit on a long range forum that I really like going inside the dark timber, and for that I also really like the field of view at 2x. :D

I won't claim I know yet, the scope is new. I think the ballistics are good on big game to about 800 yards. I'd think the 12x is just fine for that range for big game. Maybe down around the coyote size that would be a bit far, just don't have any experience out that far yet.

I'm not afraid to admit on a long range forum that I really like going inside the dark timber, and for that I also really like the field of view at 2x. :D[/QUOTE]

Your thoughts are about like mine. I figured it would be a great, all around lightweight scope. I likely won't be shooting past 600 yards anyways. Most of my game have been taken in the 2-400 yard range. I've taken a few deer at 450 with my old Leupold 3x9-40 and didn't feel like I need more high end magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.