• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Varget

antelopedundee

For anyone looking, the Fleet n Farm store in Ankeny, Iowa had 5 pounds of Varget this morning. Didn't price it, but it's in with the muzzle loader stuff next to the wall of pump shotguns.

Last edited:
My local gun store had this - needless to say I left it on the shelf!! 😳
C1829377-335B-451F-8D6C-DA044810045B.jpeg

One of my favorite shops got an 8# keg in. Just a bit over $400! I know the guy well and he is far from a gouge, quite the opposite actually. During the height of the pandemic shortage, he never raised the prices on his products he had purchased pre-panic, so I have no doubt his price on he Varget reflects the current market.

One of my favorite shops got an 8# keg in. Just a bit over $400! I know the guy well and he is far from a gouge, quite the opposite actually. During the height of the pandemic shortage, he never raised the prices on his products he had purchased pre-panic, so I have no doubt his price on he Varget reflects the current market.
Don't be too sure. My dealer just sold me 5 kegs for $299 each. $400 seems pretty high.

Some time back I bought a keg of Reloder 26 for $345 a keg of VV N165 and a keg of IMR4955 for about $320 each. Not a great price, but not bad either. Sales tax, shipping and hazmat can add a good kick in the ***.

Recent Posts