TRG-S 338 LM Bedding Fix Report

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have a TRG-S in 300 WBY. It has a 3-9 Swarovski on it with sako rings and bases. I have gone to the Sako website, and it seems they no longer chamber the TRG-S in 300 WBY, but they did when I bought mine in 1994. I have never been overly satisfied with its accuracy. I have come across threads here speaking of a recoil lug problem that I was not aware of.
How did you get so much space between the barrel and the stock? Can you just sand it away. I would like a bit more space there, but don't need that much, as I don't use a bipod. Any recomendations on a way to make my rifle more accurate would be appreciated. Is there a good way to bed the rifle yourself? I guess what I have read on these forums regarding the TRG-S combined with my loss of the initial confidence I had in my rifles accuracy, has left me disheartened.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.