• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Thompson center 500 barrel

benny1

I'm looking for a thompson center 500 Smith barrel in 20 inch. Let me know if you have something you want to let go.

I'm looking for a thompson center 500 Smith barrel in 20 inch. Let me know if you have something you want to let go.

I recently sold a new one with a pic rail and new leupold 2x scope in Burris rings. That thing was a BEAST. I also found it hard to find a consistent load. Shoots one day but not the next. It may have been me, but I concluded that the 500S&W "may"" just be too much for the T/C platform.

FWIW - I also had a 20" Khatadin bbl in 45-70. That thing shot great every time I loaded her up. I took a number of bears and hogs with it before I traded it in for a Marlin JM 45-70. Honestly, I wish I still had it. Short & sweat.

I had a 500 S&W and mine kept eating scopes. I had Leupold Duel Dove base and rings I could get 15-20 shots and it would destroy a scope.

I will say that sucker was a hammer. It would rock you when you shot it.