• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Synthetic stock For a Ruger 77

JKB57

Looking for a good synthetic stock for a Ruger 77 Tang safety 30-06

Here's another one:
Starting bid right now is $52. Dude wants $18 for s/h

Want something better than the B&C? Well...good luck with that. There weren't a lot of makers of synthetic stocks 'back in the day', and the B&C was one of the 'better' options. Best bet is pillar it, glass bed it, touch up the paint, and call it a success. Good luck!

I dont know what your budget is but Wayne at Oregunsmithing makes carbon fiber stocks for Ruger tang safty.

I went through this 'process' at one time. Definitely wanted a non-wood stock for my Ruger 77 (tang safety) in .270 Win. After haunting eBay for weeks I finally gave up. The fact that two synthetic options are out there today really surprised me. Granted, neither is McMillan level stuff, but at least it's an option.

I ended up just going with a Boyd's laminate stock in a greenish color because I thought it looked unique and yet not gaudy and would go well with the black, 1" Limbsaver pad they put on it. It is a great stock. But I screwed up. I got the LOP at the "standard" 13.5" length and figured that would be fine with hunting clothing on, but I just can't get over the fact that it is too short for me regardless (long arms; tall guy.) I should have gone longer. So that 'nearly new' stock is going to need to find a new home. If interested, ping me off-line (PM or "Conversation"...whatever it's called on here.)

I think it's great L.Sherm was able to offer you an 'out-of-the-norm' option to get something of really high quality, if the budget allows. Good to have options.

I'm not sure hes about the same as the rest of the carbon fiber stocks.
Google Oregunsmithing in Pendelton, Oregon his site should come up