Swaro Z5 vs Zeiss Diavari

cb4128

I found a good deal on both a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 with the ballistic turret and a Zeiss Diavari 4-16x50 with exposed turret. I have a smaller z5, so I feel like I know what I am getting into there but don't know anything about the Diavari. Does anyone have experience with them? I've read it's a good scope, but I've never looked through one or messed with their 1/3 MOA turret (reads on the top - "1 click = 1cm@100m"). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a Zeiss Diavaric-C in 3x9 on my .340 Wby. It was there for 23 years. I really liked it, but started where I couldn't get the rifle to group, so I sent the scope back to Zeiss thinking it needed to be "reworked". They replaced the erector spring(s) , cleaned it, and returned it to me, no charge.
I noticed some black specks in the scope field near the crosshair. Thinking Zeiss missed something, or did something, I didn't feel safe counting on the scope, so I now have a Swaro Z5 3.5-18 X 44 with BRH reticle. Difference in scopes is night and day, and am very happy I paid the extra $$ and stepped up to Swarovski.
I had read somewhere on this Forum that Zeiss Service Dept is now another company that does their repairs (Meopta, Minox or something like that).
I personally think the Diavari is a much better product than the Conquest or the Terra, but if you have to choose between the Zeiss and the Swaro, jump at the Swaro.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.