• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Staball 6.5 In-Stock @ PV

Interested in hearing more information about it as well.
I've heard it's pretty good in 7mm-08 also.

I've worked up 3 different loads and put about 300 rounds through a proof CF 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Like all ball powders it meters really well, I can usually get .1 gr accuracy through my Frankford arsenal thrower. Velocity is good, I am getting 2638 fps with my 147 eldm's through my 20" barrel. Temp stability is better than most ball powders I have on hand (760, 748, and cfe223) but it is not as stable as the newer formula stick powders. The velocity averages move from 2620 in the winter to North of 2660 in the summer when I started loading it. I have not had any ignition issues with SR or SRM primers in cold Temps. Case fill is good with heavy 147's but not so good with the lighter 130's. SD's are only slighter better than other ball powders, I have not been able to get single digit consistently but 10-20 is doable. Accuracy has been sub 1/2 MOA with the 130 Berger VLDH and around 3/4 MOA with the 147 ELD and 140 barnes match burners.

For me, the results are good enough for ethical hunting distances with the 6.5 creed and I will continue to use it until supply of H4350 comes back around.

I will eventually build a 300WSM or one of these new fangled 6.8 westerns to test a larger case for longer ranges. If I can't get the SD to low teens or better I will probably look elsewhere as the margin for error is smaller.

I've worked up 3 different loads and put about 300 rounds through a proof CF 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Like all ball powders it meters really well, I can usually get .1 gr accuracy through my Frankford arsenal thrower. Velocity is good, I am getting 2638 fps with my 147 eldm's through my 20" barrel. Temp stability is better than most ball powders I have on hand (760, 748, and cfe223) but it is not as stable as the newer formula stick powders. The velocity averages move from 2620 in the winter to North of 2660 in the summer when I started loading it. I have not had any ignition issues with SR or SRM primers in cold Temps. Case fill is good with heavy 147's but not so good with the lighter 130's. SD's are only slighter better than other ball powders, I have not been able to get single digit consistently but 10-20 is doable. Accuracy has been sub 1/2 MOA with the 130 Berger VLDH and around 3/4 MOA with the 147 ELD and 140 barnes match burners.

For me, the results are good enough for ethical hunting distances with the 6.5 creed and I will continue to use it until supply of H4350 comes back around.

I will eventually build a 300WSM or one of these new fangled 6.8 westerns to test a larger case for longer ranges. If I can't get the SD to low teens or better I will probably look elsewhere as the margin for error is smaller.
Thank you for the info. I have been thinking of trying it in my 6.5cm due to the lack of h4350 but worried since it's fairly new. Glad to know it's not near as consistent but would work in a pinch if came down to.