Sony A100 DSLR - Thoughts?

craigp40

Anyone have experience with the Sony A100 DSLR camera? I'm intersted in getting a higher end camera besides the point and shoot digitals we now have. This one is appealing to me because I can use the nice zoom lens' that I have from my previous Minolta Maxxum 35mm. If there are other camera brands that these lens' will work with, I am open to suggestions.

The Nikon D40X is really appealing to me as well, but I would also have more money into it if I wanted the same lens' that I have for the Sony. But if performance is that much better, it may be worth going that route.

Take a look at the Pentax K10D. Water resistant, shake reduction, dust removal system, and many reviewers consider it the best buy for under $1000. You can always trade your lens in for a Pentax or sell it on e-bay. The Pentax kit lens's are superior to those offered by the other brands.

Sony Camera

I agree with Ahab
The Pentax K10d is an amazing camera. Read the review at dpreview.com
Right now Pentax has a 100.00 rebate on it and we have a special for forum members at 699.99 with the Pentax 18-55 lens and then you get the rebate. Super deal.
The image stabilization works great as well as the self cleaning sensor. It is so user friendly and very easy to navigate the menu.

ASny questions feel free to contact me
Joel Paymer
Camera Land
212-753-5128

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.