Solar vs generators?

50 gallons is 200 pounds of propane, roughly equivalent to ten standard 20 pound tanks. You can only get 80% fill, mandated by the intake tube I believe, so 50 is 40 and 20 is 16. The kids stayed in our non-winterized RV during the winter once and they were constantly headed for the exchange.
The ultimate solution was to buy a 1000 gallon grain drying tank such that liquid can be tapped, and building a DIY filler hose. Now I can fill a twenty pound tank for about $6 instead of the $20 exchange. Lest you be tempted to connect to the liquid tank drain on the top of a standard 500 gallon setup, I was told by me propane guy that most of them are stuck open and all the liquid will geyser out if you open the drain cap. Propane is heavier than air so it will flood your nearby basement, etc. and very bad things will happen.

We have a 1000 gallon tank for our home, and have a “thief valve” on it. We love having the ability to fill our on bottles!

We fill all of our own bottles……grills, camper, and the aforementioned 50 gallon tank.

That 50 gallon tank is a lifesaver when we’re out 3 weeks in pretty cold temps! memtb

We have a 1000 gallon tank for our home, and have a "thief valve" on it. We love having the ability to fill our on bottles!

We fill all of our own bottles……grills, camper, and the aforementioned 50 gallon tank.

That 50 gallon tank is a lifesaver when we're out 3 weeks in pretty cold temps! memtb
I have two pickup truck tanks plus one 75 gallon tank, 3 30-35 gallon tanks, and many 20’s.
I need to figure out how to fill my bigger tanks from my 500 gallon tank

I have two pickup truck tanks plus one 75 gallon tank, 3 30-35 gallon tanks, and many 20's.
I need to figure out how to fill my bigger tanks from my 500 gallon tank

If you have a "thief valve"…..you're golden! If not, I think that the tank must be completely emptied to install one.

I've heard, but not sure, that it may not be legal in some areas! I'd bet my *** that it's illegal in Ca.and many other locations!

I’m guess’n your OK in Ok. ! 😁 memtb

If you have a "thief valve"…..you're golden! If not, I think that the tank must be completely emptied to install one.

I've heard, but not sure, that it may not be legal in some areas! I'd bet my *** that it's illegal in Ca.and many other locations!

I'm guess'n your OK in Ok. ! 😁 memtb
lol 😂 yes in Ok.
I have a slave hose that I use on the 500 gallon tank at the farm to fill my old Massy 50 tractor but it comes off the top of the big tank to fill the tractor

Yep, from the top……vapor. I'd love to understand exactly how that works on that Massy! I'm gonna do a little research! memtb
lol 😝
On the left side (driver side) you have two valves, one for liquid and one for vapor. I usually always run on vapor unless I am pulling a plow.

Our old Gleaner combines ran propane, JDeere 4020 and the trucks

I never realized that it was designed so that you could put vapor into the tank. It seems that run time would be pretty short……unless the tank is large!

Stop the presses 🤪……I just had an epiphany! 😉

Are you pulling from the vapor side of your home/farm tank upstream of the pressure regulator…….which would seem logical. Especially now, after my epiphany!😉 memtb

I never realized that it was designed so that you could put vapor into the tank. It seems that run time would be pretty short……unless the tank is large!

Stop the presses 🤪……I just had an epiphany! 😉

Are you pulling from the vapor side of your home/farm tank upstream of the pressure regulator…….which would seem logical. Especially now, after my epiphany!😉 memtb
Yes that is the way it’s done.
Tank on the tractor is 30 gallon size, the combines have a 50 gallon tank.