• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Smokeless muzzle loader

arbogb062

Looking to buy a long range smokeless muzzle loader. Not looking for a factory savage ml looking for a custom. Pm me with what you have. Cash or can trade. Have a .308 collecting dust or few other options.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

My buddy builds these. You should, at the least, talk with him. He built mine and I have deer kills out to 309 yards. It's an absolute tac driver. He is beyond anal when it comes to building one of these guns. I killed a nice 12 point Ohio buck with mine day before yesterday. His name is Greg Fish @ 937-902-8544.

Thought about new but prefer not to wait the few months it takes folks to build them also figured I could save a few bucks buying lightly used. Have a few lightly used options that I have been presented with on here and narrowing it down now but may give him a call. Does he build them on Rem 700 or encore platforms?

He built mine on the 700 action, but he builds on several different actions and barrels made by McGowen and Shilen to his specifications. His bolt face, and I "believe" a Savage plug. He puts in additional pillars too and some other stuff. Mine is sighted in at 3" high at 100, it's 1" low at 200 and 11" low at 300. I'm shooting 200gr SST's.
hmui9hO.jpg

He built mine on the 700 action, but he builds on several different actions and barrels made by McGowen and Shilen to his specifications. His bolt face, and I "believe" a Savage plug. He puts in additional pillars too and some other stuff. Mine is sighted in at 3" high at 100, it's 1" low at 200 and 11" low at 300. I'm shooting 200gr SST's.
hmui9hO.jpg

Tim ; I am assuming your getting around 2700 fps with the SST's what is the maximum height above your 1 1/2 sight in at 100 yards. In other words whats the highest your going to hit before your bullet starts dropping back down to your 100 yard zero. I sight in at 100 yards using the Barnes 195BX and thought about trying the 1 1/2 high thing your doing but was concerned I might miss a little high.

Looking to buy a long range smokeless muzzle loader. Not looking for a factory savage ml looking for a custom. Pm me with what you have. Cash or can trade. Have a .308 collecting dust or few other options.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
Brandon, I read were you said your not looking for a (Factory Savage) but have you considered replacing the factory savage Barrel with a custom Pac Nor or one of the others in 45 caliber.?

I honestly don't know if, or how much higher it goes above the 3" high at 100. If it does, it's not much. It's just a deer gun, so + or - an inch or so has never been a problem. The bullet always hits exactly where I want it to. I've killed deer with it from 111 yards out to 309 yards. Most of the shots were 200-235 yards (my back treeline). I've shot a ton of coyotes with it too. Seems I shoot as many of those when deer hunting as I do deer. The SST's suck about half the coyote innards out the exit hole when you shoot them within 150 yards.

Thanks for all the pms and info. Going to go new and it's between luke at aero head sporting goods or Greg fish.

I have 2 from Luke built on Rem 700 MZL actions, both tack drivers. The pic in my avatar is 3 shots at 100 yards with his 310 grain ASG bullets.