• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Smith & Wesson Model 629 Classic .44 Mag

Sending156s

This is straight out of safe. Will clean/polish this evening & post more pics. It will be left with the LGS for consignment either Monday or Tuesday. This is what I carried when packing in bear country. It never gets shot & I am cleaning some out of safe that I don't use.
Asking price = $900 + shipping FFL to FFL. I might split shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1009.jpeg
    IMG_1009.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 105
I'll look, but doubt I find it. I've had it a long time & kept it in safe in a pistol pocket.
barrel is 6-1/2" from cylinder & a little over 5-1/2 from frame.

See pic with specs. This is a new one, but very little change from mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
629-4, what do those mean? I'm not a collector.
just some changes or updates to models. I have a 8 3/8" 629-5 but has the trigger and hammer forged still. it is also drilled and tapped for scope rail.

Found this on another forum.
"The 629-4 was the last run to have the firing pin mounted on the hammer. Some people prefer that configuration, but most opinion seems to be that the later frame - mounted firing pin is better. The 629-5 was first to have the firing pin in the frame. It was also the first to use injection molded hammer and trigger where the previous ones had been forged. (Not a problem, AFAIK, but sneered at by some traditionalists.
The 629-6 saw the introduction of the infernal internal lock"

Colt Python 4.25"

Bartlein 6.5, 6, & .224 carbon fiber barrels

.219/.224 SS M24 or MTU 28"-30" Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, barrel

MDT ACC Elite chassis,

Custom action.

Cash +/- to make difference. It's been at least 15 years since it's been shot. I have a lot of range brass I bought once fired for practice. I may have a lot of bullets…..not sure. I'm not a collector & love bolt action rifles.

Thanks for asking!