SHV 3-10X42 Questions

kcebcj

Has anyone spent some time with the new SHV 3-10X42? If so what is your opinion of the turrets. Easy to dial once the caps are off? How do they feel and how much MOA per revolution? Would like to see a picture of the elevation turret if anyone can do.

Snowed in here in Idaho so it will been awhile before I can actually handle one.

Appreciate any responses.

I have one on my truck gun (savage 6.5 Creedmoor). The turrets feel okay, not NXS but better than most. 10 MOA per turn with no ZS. The reticle is pretty thin since it's only 10 power. Also mounting length is a little short if putting on a long action. Glass is very good and adjustments are spot on. Overall it is a good scope for the money. I would prefer some type of ZS expecially since it's only 10 MOA per turn. The turrets under the caps look similiar to a capped vortex HS turret if that helps.

Son has one on a 7mm Remington. He and his buddy used it on 4 animals from 360 yards to 700 yards this fall. Tracks good. He leaves the covers off and just dials as needed. Seems to be holding up okay after 4 hunts so far. The turrets don't seem to click as crisp as I like, but they are totally workable.

Thanks for the response 8andbait and KurtB. The rifle I'm re-scoping has a Vortex 4-16 HSLR FFP on it and a really good bull got lucky because I had the scope on 4 power and in the breaking rainy dawn when I had my chance could not see the reticle.

So want to go to a SFP scope that is not really heavy and the 3-10x42 kinda fits for the use that rifle gets.

8and bait would the reticle thickness be comparable to a Leupold 3.5-10 Duplex? My reticle of choice would be the IHR non-illuminated. Also there is a revolution scale so you can see what revolution you are on right.

Jim, I have the MOAR on mine, not sure how thick the IHR is but the Duplex is much thicker than the MOAR.

I have ran my SHV 3-10 through the paces and it is a fantastic little scope. I set up a test platform to check the turret repeatability and accuracy as well as the MOAR reticle accuracy on 10x. Checked out perfect in all areas.

Here's a pic of the turrets without the caps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.