Scamming

HuntFarther

I had a ad up of wanting to buy a browning abolt shotgun. I got 2 response scams. One I asked the guy because it seemed off if could take a picture with the date and the gun. He never responded.

The other sent me pics and I tried to pay on PayPal. And wouldn't go. Tried to call the number and got someone who don't speak English after Google had to connect me. Red flag. Then the final was I searched for images of guns and found the ad he took the pictures off of and called the shop.

Attachments

• 39560459-5150-48A8-8B5E-66C2B4922DA5.jpeg
    39560459-5150-48A8-8B5E-66C2B4922DA5.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DD55D290-4046-43FF-9A23-A50B90229BCE.png
    DD55D290-4046-43FF-9A23-A50B90229BCE.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 69
I had a similar thing happen about a year ago. I had a rifle for sale and had a member reply I'll take it and then I never heard from him again….. He had good reviews so I dont think it was a a scam, but he probably just changed his mind. It would have been nice if he would have communicated something to me. I didn't report or give him a negative review, kinda felt like I didn't want to jam him up over it. As a seller, I never send anything until the cash is in hand because you never know!

Just a suggestion, I had looked at your add when you first posted......Don't post your phone number, this is all a public forum, you don't need to be a member to view WTB or any other adds. That way any info has to come in from other members.
I get that. But I also don't live on here. So was just trying to get people in touch as easily as possible.

Just a suggestion, I had looked at your add when you first posted......Don't post your phone number, this is all a public forum, you don't need to be a member to view WTB or any other adds. That way any info has to come in from other members.
I get that. But I also don't live on here. So was just trying to get people in touch as easily as possible.
@Ckgworks provided sound advice; what you do with it is entirely up to you. If it is an LRH member, you have somebody to report to Admin (@Chris), as @birddog 68 noted. GLWS.

@Ckgworks provided sound advice; what you do with it is entirely up to you. If it is an LRH member, you have somebody to report to Admin (@Chris), as @birddog 68 noted. GLWS.
I absolutely can see that. But I also see both sides. It's so hard with how people are making their living. And you come from the you can trust people era. Why we can't leave our keys in the truck or doors unlocked. I posted so people don't screw up like me.

I absolutely can see that. But I also see both sides. It's so hard with how people are making their living. And you come from the you can trust people era. Why we can't leave our keys in the truck or doors unlocked. I posted so people don't screw up like me.
Again, what you do with the advice is entirely up to you.

Sorry that happened and I hope you get your shotgun soon. I put a rifled barrel on my 12ga Rem 870 and it is more of a short range tool for the few hunts which prohibit rifles. I guess with 8 billion people on the planet there are more "bad apples" than there was back in the good old days. With the internet the bad apples can creep just about anywhere.

It's very common with WTB ads. If someone sends you a PM that seems like a scam then report it by hitting the report button on the bottom left of the post You can see it in these posts it says "Report". Mods and Admin will handle it.