• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage LA w/ Magnum Bolt Face. Cheap/Beater

entoptics

Looking for a beater Savage LA. Newer style with tang safety, accutrigger, and trigger guard bolt release. Don't care what caliber, as long as it has the magnum bolt face and accutrigger.

I also don't care about the finish condition, as long as it's in good mechanical order and doesn't have any extreme rust, as I can sand blast it and repaint with cera/dura coat.

I'm likely looking for a rifle that wouldn't be fit to live in a gun safe, so if you have one lying in your yard, under your porch, or out in the shed, throw out your best offer.

I would pay a little more for mechanically sound Accustock, detachable box magazine, and/or hinged floor plate, but the main goal is to get a donor action/trigger for as cheap as humanly possible.

What are you building?
Bought an X-Caliber 264 WM barrel around black friday for a darn good price. It was intended to replace a nearly shot out Shilen 300WM barrel (1500-1800 rounds), but the stupid 300 just keeps piling bullets on top of each other as good as ever, so I'm contemplating retiring it to strictly hunting duty instead of breaking it down for parts. It's just so familiar and comfortable, and it's enough horsepower and accuracy to murder any animal in NA to 600 yds, so I hate to tear it apart.

If I can build it cheap enough, the 264 is going to be a deer/steel gun to take that burden off the 300WM.

Bought an X-Caliber 264 WM barrel around black friday for a darn good price. It was intended to replace a nearly shot out Shilen 300WM barrel (1500-1800 rounds), but the stupid 300 just keeps piling bullets on top of each other as good as ever, so I'm contemplating retiring it to strictly hunting duty instead of breaking it down for parts. It's just so familiar and comfortable, and it's enough horsepower and accuracy to murder any animal in NA to 600 yds, so I hate to tear it apart.

If I can build it cheap enough, the 264 is going to be a deer/steel gun to take that burden off the 300WM.

That's awesome.

I almost and probably should've bought a barrel on their sale but I didn't have the funds at the time.

I've got a .300wm I built with an xcaliber barrel. Shoots great. I put some extra into it because I ordered too heavy of a barrel and pack hunts were awful with it before I bought a McMillan m40a1 edgetech for it.

Recent Posts