• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako AV 280 Rem, Brown Precision

rgrx1276

Sako AV in 280 Rem, 24" custom barrel, was told it was a shilen by the gent who sold it to me years ago. Been bedded in a Brown Precision stock. 7lbs 5 oz weight. very nice condition, great trigger close to 2.5 lbs. Bought as a project for a 270 but I did shoot the donor.
Rifle alone with rings- 1000.00 shipped.
Total package- Rifle, 7 full boxes of Barnes TTSX 140 gr bullets, RCBS Dies, 100 new primed winchester cases, 50 once fired Hornady cases. 1350.00 shipped

Last edited:
5 shot group was fired at 100 yards, best seating depth for the bullets I found was 3.290... Only load I tried.

Last edited:
1-9 as best I can measure with a tight fit cleaning rod and patch.

If I hadn't just emptied my gun fund money I'd be buying this. I've just been spending too much lately. That's a lot of rifle for 1000. GLWS

No way I can with certainty say it's CM or SS... I did steel wool the underside of the barrel days ago and usually here in sunny, HUMID, Florida, stuff rusts pretty **** quick. No rust was present when I checked, but I'm going with CM only because I don't want to be called out... A sale isn't that important.

No way I can with certainty say it's CM or SS... I did steel wool the underside of the barrel days ago and usually here in sunny, HUMID, Florida, stuff rusts pretty **** quick. No rust was present when I checked, but I'm going with CM only because I don't want to be called out... A sale isn't that important.
Right on...
Nice stick regardless!