• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako 85 Hunter in 338 Federal-Unfired

Biebs

This is a Sako 85 that I picked up recently. It is chambered in the awesome 338 Federal cartridge, and is unfired. I wanted something with a bit more power and bullet weight for woods hunting, but recently got "hot" on something else . The only mark on it is s slight hair-sized scratch on the top of the barrel, which could easily be touched up. Weight of the rifle is 6.2 lbs on my digital scale, and LOP is 13.75".

Nice little carbine that speaks with authority! List price is $1,878 at Euro-Optics.

$1,349 + $25 shipping

I thought this was a steal! Great hunting rifle with a bit more power than most, without the recoil of a 338 WM. Not every shot is 1,000 yards, is it? :)

I have that exact rifle in SS Synthetic. It has a 2-7 Kahles TDS on it and it is my grab and go rifle. If I hadn't just bought too much stuff, I'd seriously consider that piece of awesome. Shoots 200 Grain Box Stock Fusions really well and puts down stuff nicely.

Thanks, yes...I might just wind up keeping it. I have a 260 as well, so I'd had about everything covered.

That's funny. Part of my stuff that I just bought is a 260 Custom Sako. I originally bought the Sako 85 338 to rebarrel to 260 then couldn't after it performed so well.

Nice rifle and great caliber.

My combination is 6.5 Swede and 338 Fed!!!!