Saint Hubertus

Had to look that one up, quite the patron Saint combo.

No offense to my Catholic/Orthodox brothers but as a Protestant, I follow a slightly different track. This seasons lower case "s" Saint is saint retumbo, patron saint of wayward ultra magnums and Weatherbys. While not a storied saint steeped in centuries of tradition, it's looked over my since 2010.

Had to look that one up, quite the patron Saint combo.

No offense to my Catholic/Orthodox brothers but as a Protestant, I follow a slightly different track. This seasons lower case "s" Saint is saint retumbo, patron saint of wayward ultra magnums and Weatherbys. While not a storied saint steeped in centuries of tradition, it's looked over my since 2010.

Thanks for responding.

Today, Hubertus is regarded as a secular (like opposite of sacred) being or spirit by many who hunt deers, elks, and other game animals.

Saint Hubertus, 657AD - 727AD, established a code of ethical hunting practices that are or should be in vogue today; these being - don't waste game, inflict humane death, don't shoot does having fawns in tow, shoot one with big horns because its time is almost over, don't be a menace to others. be nice. Also, welcome the protection and guidance of Hubertus for a successful & safe hunt.

Hubertus, a forest guy, established hunting standards that are the basis of many regulations in effect today in many places.

Wishing everyone a successful hunt in all aspects

Last edited:
From Book Your Hunt

"The "last bite" ritual, wherein the hunter honors the taken game by placing a branch of a tree with green leaves, or a bit of grass, in the animal's mouth, followed by a minute of silent contemplation, is a symbolic representation of St. Hubertus tradition."

Last edited: