• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rock River Arms Varmint A4 Upper

CMP70306

Good Evening,

Up for sale is a Rock River Arms 24" Varmint A4 Upper, .223 Wylde, 8 twist - $700

Bought this as my first AR and loved it right up until I got a suppressor and found out an adjustable gas block wouldn't fit under the hand guard. It shoots the 77gr Berger OTM well under 1/2 MOA using IMR 8208 XBR. Looking to move it to fund a bolt action varmint rifle.

53672833-3E8B-4EA6-95FF-3775F4E9DF06.jpeg

Haven't shot it in probably 4 or 5 years and didn't keep records but I'd guess somewhere around 500 or so.

Good Evening,

Up for sale is a Rock River Arms 24" Varmint A4 Upper, .223 Wylde, 8 twist - $700

Bought this as my first AR and loved it right up until I got a suppressor and found out an adjustable gas block wouldn't fit under the hand guard. It shoots the 77gr Berger OTM well under 1/2 MOA using IMR 8208 XBR. Looking to move it to fund a bolt action varmint rifle.

View attachment 442157
RRA makes great ARs. We have a Fred Echieler Coyote special 1:8 Wylde and it shoots 1/3" MOA or less with 65gr SGK. Their Varmint barrels shoot GREAT.

Honestly if I didn't have to replace the barrel, gas block and hand guard to suppress it I'd keep it. One of the first years I had it I took it up to our buddies place and shot soda cans with it out to 600 yards with surprising consistency.

Why not just keep it? Is a suppressor that important?
You said that you are looking to fund a bolt gun???
If you have RRA lower and this RRA upper it is an AWESOME Predator and Varmint rifle already and can beat a Bolt Gun for this type hunting!
I KNOW have had both bolt guns and RRA ARs. What you have is what you want especially for Predators and follow up shots. If you hunt PD you have to stop after each magazine so the barrel will cool down after shooting 20/30 PDs.
Did you try shooting in the current configuration with a suppressor? probably not since the barrel is not turned.

We have a RRA Fred Eichler Coyote in .223 Wylde and put a suppressor on it with no problems. Did not to change the Gas Block. Shoots <1/3" MOA.
You have a great upper and very good heavy barrel. Just thread it, put on an attachment and suppressor and let it rip!!!
You need to turn you barrel to take a suppressor first and test it out. Chances are it will work just fine - Suppressed or not and get good groups.
Would be nice to have several uppers.
Your upper with 500 rounds is still good for a few K more down the tube.
Give me a call to talk.
Send me a PM
Thaks
Len

Why not just keep it? Is a suppressor that important?
You said that you are looking to fund a bolt gun???
If you have RRA lower and this RRA upper it is an AWESOME Predator and Varmint rifle already and can beat a Bolt Gun for this type hunting!
I KNOW have had both bolt guns and RRA ARs. What you have is what you want especially for Predators and follow up shots. If you hunt PD you have to stop after each magazine so the barrel will cool down after shooting 20/30 PDs.
Did you try shooting in the current configuration with a suppressor? probably not since the barrel is not turned.

We have a RRA Fred Eichler Coyote in .223 Wylde and put a suppressor on it with no problems. Did not to change the Gas Block. Shoots <1/3" MOA.
You have a great upper and very good heavy barrel. Just thread it, put on an attachment and suppressor and let it rip!!!
You need to turn you barrel to take a suppressor first and test it out. Chances are it will work just fine - Suppressed or not and get good groups.
Would be nice to have several uppers.
Your upper with 500 rounds is still good for a few K more down the tube.
Give me a call to talk.
Send me a PM
Thaks
Len

I bought it as my first AR right when I started reloading and getting into long range shooting. Now 10 years later I've shifted my focus to bolt guns and just don't really shoot the ARs much. At this point I shoot pretty much everything suppressed and the stuff without threaded barrels gets shot less and less these days. Since the barrel is unthreaded at minimum I would have to spend $100 to get it threaded and I'd prefer something lighter so then that puts you up to close to a grand for a Carbon Fiber AR barrel. So I'd prefer to move it down the road to someone who will get more use out of it rather than put a bunch of money into something I probably won't use much.

Here in PA the primarily targets for the upper would be groundhogs, coyotes and crows. The coyotes have eaten most of the groundhogs out of the fields so it's rare to get a shot at one as most hang on field edges inside the wood line. With coyotes I would be hard pressed to find a shot over 200 yards with most being well under 100 yards so my 18" upper fits the bill while being quite a bit lighter and shorter. Crows are about the only thing I could shoot at distance but in my experience they scatter at the first shot quick enough a follow up isn't possible even with a semi.

My dad has a little 18" .22-250, it shoots the 53gr V max at 3600 fps and weighs around 9.5# loaded with a suppressor. My plan is to get a barrel and do something like that with one of the actions I have available.