• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rem 700 1st Gen Titanium 7mm SAUM

Very cool rifle! Good luck with your sale. Out of curiosity.... How well does the bolt run in these titanium the receivers compared to steel receivers? Is it more likely to bind? Or does it run smoother? No difference?

Thanks Tac-O.

That's a legitimate question. I own about a half dozen of these Remington 700 rifles with Titanium actions, and a couple of other brand Ti's, so I have a decent amount of experience with shooting titanium actions. Out of all these rifles, I have experienced the "sticky" bolt syndrome with only 2 rifle/load combinations. In both situations, I was shooting a very hot load, which I have continued to use without any serious issues. Here's what can happen: The titanium can sometimes stretch, or expand under pressure. It does so more than steel. It almost immediately returns to it's original condition, whereas the brass case enclosed within also swells along with it, but it does not return to it's original size as easily... This can result in the bolt being slightly harder to open, but I have never had one get overly difficult to operate. Having fired hundreds of rounds through my several titanium action rifles, this has never caused me a problem, and doesn't concern me at all.

I hope that helps to answer your question.