• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

R700 Magnum L/A w/ RUM feed ramps and custom work

lilharcher

F15B7670-0621-403C-872A-AF43EECFF772.jpeg
17D612A5-C2CF-4515-ADFC-41E0398092C2.jpeg

PRICE DROP to $400 + Split actual shipping

Taking a haircut on this but have no near term plans for another build, so this customized R700 Magnum long action w/ RUM feed ramps is seeking a new home. Karl Kampfeld (Best fluter in the business IMO) cut his TI flutes into the bolt, then threaded the bolt handle and added a tactical knob. Prior owner did a crappy job of black duracoat, which I have been flaking off......I didn't care because I cerakote or nitride all my actions after blueprinting anyways. Perfect for RUM or 28 Nosler (or the likes) build. I paid $350 for action, plus $180 for fluting and bolt knob, so I'm in it for $530. Will sell for $425, includes shipping to your FFL. Firm on price, as I'm not desperate to sell. Thanks for looking. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. And check out my prior transactions and feedback.

Last edited:
PMs returned. Still available as of now.

The only difference between a standard L/A Magnum action and a RUM L/A Magnum action is the feed rails/ramps are slightly opened up compared to the Standard. This provides more optionality with respect to calibers......so you can run the standards (300WM, 7 Rem Mag, 257 Roberts, etc) or the RUM/Nosler Mags with wider case.

R700's are relatively light actions. An R700 L/A BDL is 2 lbs 7 ounces, but this weight includes the receiver and bolt, plus guard screws, trigger assembly, recoil lug, follower and spring, and BDL. So my guess is 1 lb 12 ounces for just the action (+\- 4 ounces).

Thanks 805.

Up top. Will take $400 + $10 shipping.......this puts the action at only $220, after custom work of $180. Lowest price I will accept, or back in the safe it goes.